The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:20 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 3 posts
So, many of you will be familiar with the reputation Paneristis around the world have earned for being crazy about straps...

I though, thought I had that problem under control, and with the Panerai still on the strap it came on, things were looking good...

Actually things should have been even better when you consider that the other watches I had, a Tudor and a Rado, worked well with anything, so long as it was their native bracelet...

I had it all cut out for me, what could possibly go wrong? (never say that)

But then, when I least expected it, it struck... The strap changing fever... And in the unlikeliest of places... On the Navi!

It started slowly, when I found the stitching on the OEM calf strap to be too rough, to broad. You see the watch has a myriad of little details... And the strap? Just flat old leather with big strings.

Now, as for everything, there was a solution for this. Quite so unsurprisingly, it was found over an espresso and multitudes of various straps at my AD's.

The jury came in with a verdict favorable to a tobacco coloured gator strap with fine double stitching on each side, made by JLC for the master compressor.

You can read about that here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37155&start=15

The thing is though, that would have been too easy.

And ever so slowly... creepingly... I realized something was still bothering me. The reason was simple in retrospect: black and red on the dial don't work their best with tobacco, and the greenish lume doesn't help either.

Sure, this is being critical at a very high level, but yet, it just does get better than that, which isn't quite good enough for one's favorite horse in the stable.

Fortunately though, the matter was now just one of colour, for I already had the perfect strap if only it had not been brown. Today at lunch then, I was most pleased as my very favorite AD presented me with my very favorite watch on a black JLC gator, with the exact same stitching as the tobacco one.

And in case you're now wondering what is going to be made of the tobacco strap... Well there is that new silver dialed Montbrillant Datora at the AD's... No lume... No black... Oh no... I'm dreaming again... ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fred

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:34 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
That's really beautiful. really.