The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:50 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello Gents, I'm hoping somebody out there can help me please?
My old 1970's Breitling Navitimer 806, Ser: 1343421 has been stopping after about an hour.
I'm currently having it serviced, local to me in Suffolk but we've hit a snag.
The movement is a Venus 178 and I’ve been told that a Minute Jumper (spring?) part no. 8270/1 is required.
As you are aware parts for these are rare as hens’ teeth, but we found one in Australia and had it shipped over.
Much to our dismay we found the part was the wrong one when it arrived, so we’re still searching around.
The problem we’re finding is there seem to be a few variants of the Venus 178 movement, but the part numbers remain similar.
Does anyone have one of these jumpers, know of the whereabouts of one or a maybe even a compatible part that would fit from a similar movement for example.
I’ve seen what appears to be a very similar part on a Venus 175 on YouTube, but again there seems to be a few variants of the 175 movement and none of the advertised parts on eBay are the same.
I've posted a photo of my Venus 178 movement and the part required on Photobucket and also tried to attach it here as well.
Any information will be gratefully received as I’ve scoured eBay and have run out of ideas now.
Many thanks for your for your time, I hope the link to Photobucket works but if not let me know.
https://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp2 ... VEMENT.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:49 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Another update.
I spoke with Breitling UK today just to cover all the bases for the part and (surprisingly to me) they say that they could have serviced and repaired my vintage 806.
This is contrary to info I was given some years ago (I believe from my local AD?) but obviously I should have checked with Breitling UK this time before going ahead with the service elsewhere.
They claim they have the part I need but disappointingly won't supply it to me or the chap doing the service.
Other than find the part from an independent the only thing I can do now is build up funds again and send the watch to Breitling a few years down the road.
It may be common knowledge that Breitling perform this service now, but it wasn’t to me so hopefully anyone in the same boat can now go through the proper channel.
Again, if anyone has any info to help me in my current predicament I’d be most grateful.
Best regards