It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need advice Please
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:39 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Hi All,

First let me start by saying i am a complete moron. Anyway, i keep my watches on a winder whenever I am not wearing them. So i was surprised when i went to put on my Navi World last night that it had stopped working. I then quickly realized that I forgot to turn on the winder. No big deal so i started the process of changing the time and date. As i was doing this i noticed that the date wheel got stuck in between dates and that the crown started to feel rough. Thats when i realized the watch must have died in the “no change period”. During my panic attack that pursued I decided to play with the watch some more to unstick the date wheel. Once i eventually did that I decided it was best for me to put the watch down before i break it any more. So I woke up this morning and the watch seems to be working fine, it looks like its keeping time and the date also changed since yesterday. My question is should I send the watch in to be looked at? Is it possible i didnt screw it up even though i felt the crown almost get stuck as I was setting it and the date wheel get stuck? Assuming that i did damage it, which i most likely did, is it safe to still be using it? Or should i just let it run out of power before more damage is done? Or should i continue to use it to see if it is working properly?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor grammar and spelling.

Post subject: Re: Need advice Please
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:35 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
You are no moron and plenty of people will have made the same mistake. If you moved the hands to the 'safe zone' when unsticking it may have done the trick. Just winding it shouldn't make matters worse so just see how it runs for a few days. If all is well and the date changes as normal it's likely you've had a lucky escape. If the date sticks or only partially changes then it will need attention.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

Post subject: Re: Need advice Please
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:03 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Thanks for the quick response. It seemed to be working this morning so i set it to the correct date and time. Everything seems ok for now. I will do as you say and keep an eye on it for a while. Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.