It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BS LE2 owners, fall in!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:53 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
lets see those wrist shots guys!

But before that, I want to take a moment and thank everyone for their input, support, and patience! yes we had some bumps on the road, yes the watch was delayed greatly, and yes the shipping headache was a pain. But when all is said and done, we now have what I believe is the best value chronograph in the world and the best looking under a grand by far. Although the quality does not stand up to say that of an IWC chrono pilot, the design and feature upgrades we have come up with as a community of watch lovers on a very limited budget and through networking surpass that of the big brand name versions and, to me, that is amazing and something to be proud of.

To me this watch represents what we can accomplish as a group, and is a symbol of what a great community of individuals brought together by a joint passion, and stay together due to mutual respect and kinship, is all about. Now before the violins start playing, I just want to remind all, myself included, to take a moment before posting, and to treat others as they would have themselves treated.

Additionally, I would like to thank Gunter for his willingness to do this LE for us at such a low profit margin, although his operation needs to get some wrinkles seriously ironed out, the love and passion he and his watchmakers put into the product and company is phenomenal! I am just glad we could get in on it!

That said, what a great watch!!! Not only does it look "da bomb" but it is much better made than Steinharts previous offerings! Well done to Gunter and co for their continuous efforts to evolve their products, I absolutely love the new case design!

I wore it for a day on the very heavy bracelet, but decided to try it on a sportier look by putting it on an aged calf strap with red stiching, gives the watch a whole new character!

And as for the BS LE 3; not for a very long, long, LONG, time! :lol:

Last edited by Altair on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:18 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
:yeahthat

Well said Altair, a lot of good points in your post, the red stitching combination on your strap looks great with the watch, and well done to you for sticking with the project to the end, :bow: :bow: My wrist shot may be sometime but its going to be well worth the wait.

Ian.

Omega Speedmaster Moon, Hamilton 992B, Steinhart BS LEII #2, B&R 01-92 Heritage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
Hear hear! Well said Altair, couldn't agree more!

I'm glad you have your watch. Super pics as always, the watch looks great on your wrist and I've got to say I love the black leather, red stitching combo - works very well with the Mark II.

Gunter and Steinhart really did great work with this piece! It is well worth it in the end.

I couldn't imagine a Mark III to be honest right now :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:46 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Well said, Altair. I was late into the band wagon, but I'm glad I didn't miss out on this project!

Love the leather with red combo, it makes the watch stands out. 8)

Thanks for the efforts put into project and great work by the Steinhart team.

A few more days now before it arrives, can't wait.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:33 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

:yeahthat

Here's to Altair, for pulling through! :bow:

Great, project, great watch, what more can you ask for?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:06 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
I like it a lot. And the proof of it's appearance is the number of people who have commented on it in the couple days I've worn it. I'm going to have a short strap made by a local strap maker and definitely am leaning towards red stitching.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:42 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Here is mine.
Again Altair, thank you for your efforts and time you invested in this great watch. In the end, I think everyone is very satisfied - at least I am! Though, I still have the international day wheel, just could not part with this watch to send it to Steinhart but will probably have it fixed next week. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:40 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
A couple more on the strap provided by Steinhart. It's a nice thick (yet supple) strap and works wonderfully well with the watch. Chasing a black strap with red stitching now :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:57 am 

Mr. Cat W. wrote:
Here is mine.
Again Altair, thank you for your efforts and time you invested in this great watch. In the end, I think everyone is very satisfied - at least I am! Though, I still have the international day wheel, just could not part with this watch to send it to Steinhart but will probably have it fixed next week. :)

Mr. Cat W. wrote:
Here is mine.

Once I opened mine/yours and saw the German date wheel and still fel hard for the watch, my mind immediately wen into solution mode - I didn't want to part with it. Glad we were able to work out a multi-national agreement!! Now it was a bit difficult getting Eva at Steinhart to grasp the 3 part deal, but when asked Gunter stepped right in and straightened everything out. I really like the German date wheel, except I'm not wearing it on Tuesdays - don't think I can acclimate to my watch telling me to "DIE" all day. :)

Cat, enjoy you're "SAT"urday. Time to put mine on and have a lovely "SAM"stag!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:30 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

sharkman wrote:

At least on MONtag we are all the same :) Great it worked out for everyone in the end, have you received the #12 already?

By the way, thanks guys for the Ben & Jerry's tip in the "Chocolate"-Thread. I did not know this is sold in Germany but after I read your posts I spotted this Cherry Garcia in the local supermarket and - yummy :) must look for more flavours.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:43 am 

Mr. Cat W. wrote:
sharkman wrote:

At least on MONtag we are all the same :) Great it worked out for everyone in the end, have you received the #12 already?

By the way, thanks guys for the Ben & Jerry's tip in the "Chocolate"-Thread. I did not know this is sold in Germany but after I read your posts I spotted this Cherry Garcia in the local supermarket and - yummy :) must look for more flavours.

For the love of God man, stay away from the Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. I had to but an entire new wardrobe after I discovered that stuff. I knew I had a problem when I had bought out 3 grocery stores!! I swear they put crack or something in it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:13 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

sounds like I need to go for it on Monday. Unfortunately they don't list this on their German website - maybe because of the crack! ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:18 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

dark brown Strap 22/18mm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:42 am 

Niice look on a nice strap Profeus.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:03 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

My BS LEII has arrived!!! Just a thought to share some quick iphone pics and I will take some higher resolution on the weekend.

Really impressed with the watch, awesome quality and nice finish! Already getting alot of woo and wows from my work jealous work colleagues when I unboxed it at work! :mrgreen:

A quick question though, how do I wound the watch? :oops: Is that in the normal position without pulling the crown and turning it towards the 12'o clock position?