The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Mine Just arrived!! early ahead of schedule!! Got nailed for $95 in customs tho.. darn duties adds another 5%.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:20 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
WOOPIE!!! FedEx just dropped mine off!!!! All I can say is that it is freaking awesome and well worth the wait. I cant wipe this stupid grin off my face.

A giant thanks to Altair for setting this up and another giant thanks to Gutner for making a great looking watch!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
Steinhart BreitlingSource LE #5/15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:28 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
BroncoSport wrote:
WOOPIE!!! FedEx just dropped mine off!!!! All I can say is that it is freaking awesome and well worth the wait. I cant wipe this stupid grin off my face.

A giant thanks to Altair for setting this up and another giant thanks to Gutner for making a great looking watch!!

Hey how about that! :mrgreen:

JF I am sure yours is on the way too, make sure someone is around to recieve it!

Glad to see all are enjoying the watch! Hey admin maybe you can do a video review?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:07 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

damn i still am waiting, i was assured it would be here monday. :guns: :guns: :guns:

Avenger Skyland Blacksteel
Steinhart LE#9/15
:coralclub:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:47 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Altair wrote:
BroncoSport wrote:

Hey how about that! :mrgreen:

JF I am sure yours is on the way too, make sure someone is around to recieve it!

Glad to see all are enjoying the watch! Hey admin maybe you can do a video review?

I am sure they tried to drop it off today, but there is no one home until this evening. I am sure fed ex will try again Monday.

I could not wait and look, and it look SWEEEEEET!!!!!!

Altair, THANKS for the legwork it will be something to cherish.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Happy HO! ( Tiger stole the othe 2 HO's!!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:57 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
OK I am now officially PO'd!

At about 1:00pm today I see a sign hanging on our front door that FedEx had attempted to deliver a package at 12:45pm. My wife and I were both home and there is no way that they rang the bell or banged on the door. In rural areas like ours FedEx doesn't deliver themselves, they use 3rd party agents and there are stories sometimes of them not doing proper deliveries when they are busy - they don't want to get delayed collecting fees ($101.04 in customs fees in my case) so just leave the sign without ringing the door.

As it was only 15 minutes earlier I called FedEx straight awaya to try and get them to come back. They siad that they would try, but because it was an agent they couldn't guarantee it. They phoned back about 1/2 hour later to say that they had contacted the driver via the agent's dispatch and he was refusing to come back because he had moved too far along his route (about 10km away by his own admission).

I made a big deal about it being a Christmas present and the FedEx lady said that she would try again. She phoned me back again about 15 minutes later to say that she could no longer reach the agent's dispatch office and believed that they had left for Christmas (even though they are required to be staffed until 5:00pm).

So now, I am not going to get the watch until the next business day (December 29th) and will need to watch the driveway like a hawk to make sure that I don't miss them again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:31 pm 
Contributing Curmudgeon
Contributing Curmudgeon

Liked in: 1 post
Roff, that's awful!! Wow. I can't believe that. UPS is really bad at knocking or ringing our doorbell, but only when a signature is not required...they just silently dump it on our porch and run away. Usually I find out whether something has been delivered to me by checking the tracking. Too bad you are not in the USA...you could drive after the delivery person and shoot his tires out. :)
"Boy, that sucks about the flat. Imagine the odds of both rear tires blowing out at the same time. But while I'm here, would you mind checking the back of your truck for this package of mine...."

Mine was just delivered at 1pm today. It was supposed to be by 10:30am. I know that UPS was saying that they were adding another 90 minutes to all time commitments for air packages, so I figured FedEx was probably doing the same. Therefore, I waited around the house until noon, and still nothing. I had to leave at that point to make it into my office for a meeting

So of course, they came 1 hour later, during the 2-hour window when I had already left for the office but before my wife gets up. She works midnight shift tonight and is getting up at 2pm. Fortunately, they accepted the post-it note on the door with my signature.

Hopefully my wife will take it off the porch when she gets up, then I can see it when I get home tonight.

For everyone else in the U.S. who is still waiting: clearly FedEx is not honoring their 10:30am commitment, but it does appear that the watches are making it to U.S. addresses today.

///M

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:54 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
Bugger! I know that my watch has arrived as Fedex have a note confirming delivery however due to the fact that it was 11:30, not 10:30 I had already left to visit my wife's family for the weekend :(

Difficult to blame fedex though as it is Christmas and the weather and traffic is pretty horrendous, I'm just happy it's actually arrived.

I'm going to resist looking at the photos over the weekend as I want my 1st look to be of the actual watch but I am literally bursting with excitement, particularly reading the overwhelming positive comments from everyone so far that has received their watch.

Merry Christmas everyone, what a great gift to receive!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
Roffensian wrote:

At about 1:00pm today I see a sign hanging on our front door that FedEx had attempted to deliver a package at 12:45pm. My wife and I were both home and there is no way that they rang the bell or banged on the door. In rural areas like ours FedEx doesn't deliver themselves, they use 3rd party agents and there are stories sometimes of them not doing proper deliveries when they are busy - they don't want to get delayed collecting fees ($101.04 in customs fees in my case) so just leave the sign without ringing the door.

As it was only 15 minutes earlier I called FedEx straight awaya to try and get them to come back. They siad that they would try, but because it was an agent they couldn't guarantee it. They phoned back about 1/2 hour later to say that they had contacted the driver via the agent's dispatch and he was refusing to come back because he had moved too far along his route (about 10km away by his own admission).

I made a big deal about it being a Christmas present and the FedEx lady said that she would try again. She phoned me back again about 15 minutes later to say that she could no longer reach the agent's dispatch office and believed that they had left for Christmas (even though they are required to be staffed until 5:00pm).

So now, I am not going to get the watch until the next business day (December 29th) and will need to watch the driveway like a hawk to make sure that I don't miss them again.

Not a happy bunny!!!

That's horrible Roff, I'm really sorry to hear that, particularly when you were actually home; at least I wasn't.

Hope you receive it sooner rather than later!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:04 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Roffensian wrote:

Not a happy bunny!!!

My God Roff, what a nightmare! What kind of operation are they running there??

Really sorry to hear that, but hey don't let it ruin your experience, enjoy the holidays with the family and think of this as a belated gift to yourself, delayed gratification and all.

Easier said than done, I know :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:38 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Just picked up mine from the FedEx office and the watch, well, she is beautiful! I am impressed that it cost as little as it did and wonder if the margins on something like this are razor-thin. In any case, kudos to Altair and I love this site; I've been on it for a few months and have gotten a cool strap and an even cooler watch out of the deal. Thanks to everyone involved in the design formulation, too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:46 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

took the skyracer off and have the thing on right now...it's ginormous(!) on my wrist and i love the old-school handwind...special thanks to whomever came up with this dial color, it's way cool...goes really well with the polished bezel. does the silver numbers/indices compromise the lume? so far it's weaker than another debaufre i had.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:47 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Anyone (Altair) know the details on:

1) the number of turns to fully wound
2) if it has a slip clutch for over winding protection
3) what is the reserve on this model / movement

Did I meantion that this watch is awesome? (sorry to rub it in to the few who havent gotten thier watch yet)

Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
Steinhart BreitlingSource LE #5/15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:51 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

it's a handwound, you just wind it until it won't wind anymore...there will be a stopping point. i'm hopeful the PR is at least 50 hrs for a full wind.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:39 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

ok, lets try to understand this, my watch was in syracuse, 3 hrs away, gunter put the wrong zip code in. oh well. now its in memphis tennessee again 9 hours away. doesnt make any sense to me at all. oh well i guess i just have to wait more. merry christmas to all.

Avenger Skyland Blacksteel
Steinhart LE#9/15
:coralclub:
ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next