The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:43 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
All good ideas guys and yes we can get to them all in due time.

I will do a scrap or keep poll at the end of the process, but not going back now for the sake of sanity.

I will monitor this thread and take all ideas into a poll when we are done with the other choices, as this seems teh most controversial.

Personally I can see what you mean with no caseback engraving, or a display back. We will see.

Here are the definates:

NO mension of breitlingsource or Breitling anywhere.

No dial graphics, neither Steinheart nor ours.

No specific logos or designs, as that eliminates a number of people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:57 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Altair wrote:
Here are the definates:

Are we not even going to have the name "Steinhart" on the dial? I think we should probably at least have that IMO.

OK, just for the record, I thought I'd register my final view on the the logo thing. I personally would like to see the following -

1. No custom logos at all.
2. On the caseback I'd like to see nothing more than "2009 Edition Limitée", and the LE number "xx/30" (or whatever the final number is). This could still happen irrespective of whether it has a DB or not.
3. On the dial I'm happy to see the name "Steinhart" and the Steinhart logo where it is on the standard model above the date window. I'd also be happy to see the words "Edition Limitée" somewhere on the dial as well, but this is not vital to me. That's it.

I really think what the forum decides on this topic could TOTALLY make or break the design. As I said above, logos are very tricky things to get right so I think we should just avoid them at all costs!

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:08 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Altair wrote:
Here are the definates:

Are we not even going to have the name "Steinhart" on the dial? I think we should probably at least have that IMO.

OK, just for the record, I thought I'd register my final view on the the logo thing. I personally would like to see the following -

1. No custom logos at all.
2. On the caseback I'd like to see nothing more than "2009 Edition Limitée", and the LE number "xx/30" (or whatever the final number is). This could still happen irrespective of whether it has a DB or not.
3. On the dial I'm happy to see the name "Steinhart" and the Steinhart logo where it is on the standard model above the date window. I'd also be happy to see the words "Edition Limitée" somewhere on the dial as well, but this is not vital to me. That's it.

I really think what the forum decides on this topic could TOTALLY make or break the design. As I said above, logos are very tricky things to get right so I think we should just avoid them at all costs!

My opinion for the record:
Neutral on the Steinhart comment D8. The watch is a Steinhart so fair enough but if the consensus is to avoid, all good.
Agreed too that the "Edition Limitee" be included and the LE number - I think this is crucial as that is exactly what it is, a limited edition of 30!
If we are to choose a custom logo then something as simple and universal as a globe etc would be my pick but then again very happy to go without, particularly if this is the factor that will make or break someone's decision.

I don't really have any heat on the above, just my opinion. More than happy to go with the consensus here as this is obviously the most controversial subject to date.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:04 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Well I really did want to go with a logo to make this watch a bit more special, but from all the opinions here and prospective added cost I am scrapping the idea. No logos, just the Steinheart name and limited Edition on the caseback.

Thanks to those who have added their opinions, ALL of you!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3