The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:51 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 32 posts
I am the proud owner of this beautiful Breitling Chronomat 44 GMT 2-Tone. What a precise instrument it is. This has been on my wrist from June 25, 2018 to present. Always using the chronograph function, timing everything from cooking steaks to the speed covered in a specific distance. As of today this watch has averaged a loss of 7/10th of a second per day. About three weeks into ownership I dropped this watch on the wooden kitchen floor from counter top height. Not recommended, but accidents do happen. Watch never stopped running and not a scratch on the crystal. Having owned Rolex my personal feeling is Breitling is a better made value. Rolex is a mighty BRAND, with very, very robust calibers. These calibers will take a beating and keep wonderful time with very long intervals between servicing. I looked at a Daytona as well as a Chronomat B01 and I could not be without the date. I then looked at a Rolex sub-mariner, but I felt the Chronomat B01 looked far better. And with 500 meters of water resistance! After months of study, months of trying on different models of each brand I purchased the Breitling Chronomat 44 GMT 2-Tone. The build quality of the Breitling is much better than either Rolex or Omega. The bezel of a Breitling is secured with screws, both the Rolex and Omega can be popped off with a butter knife. The engraving on the back of the case of the Breitling is a wonderful touch. Both sides of the crystal have the non-reflecting coating. So well done is this coating that, outside in the daylight it appears as if their is no crystal. The Breitling pilots bracelet is second to none for its drape, clasp and feel. Along with Breitling's elimination of the stretch factor in the way Breitling constructs their 18K and stainless steel pilots bracelet. The engine or caliber of this B04 is a B01 with a GMT function. A designed in house movement featuring 47 jewels, 70 hours of power reserve, column wheel, vertical clutch with one barrel design is truly a remarkable caliber, and with 200 meters of water resistance with the B04. If one is in the market for a movement with a chronograph function, one must look at the Breitling's B01, B04, and B05. Yes, this is my one watch, my everyday watch. I find this watch truly beautiful with the black dial, gold sub-dials and the red tipped GMT hand. One would have to own three Rolex models, a Daytona, a sub-mariner and a GMT to have all of the functions of mu Breitling B04. Case closed!

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:22 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
Welcome to the forum -- you certainly made a great choice!

That being said... :uselesspics:

So, feel free to post some photos when you get a chance! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:28 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 32 posts
Moana43 wrote:
Welcome to the forum -- you certainly made a great choice!

That being said... :uselesspics:

So, feel free to post some photos when you get a chance! :)
Thanks. I tried to download two photos. However, this site said each file was to big. What a hoot! Most Breitling haters say the watch is too big!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:08 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 78 posts
Congrats and I agree with all the things you have said. Being a Rolex Batman and 2 Breitlings owner, I can say that Breitling is one of the most value for money brand you can find out there. It's a pity that their resale sucks but it is not a problem if you are intending to keep the watch forever.

The Chronomat is my first luxury watch and till now it is still my grail. I have owned the watch for 6 years and despite many criticisms about the design(bezel font, multiple fonts in the dial, etc), I have never got tired of the watch and in fact I discover more and more details over the years that I didn't notice in the past. As time passes by you will notice that the amount of details and efforts they put into the model is more than any watches you can find out there(excluding the ultra complicated high end watches). So much so that you will be puzzled why the watch is worth so little.

Wear your Chronomat in good health:)

Moana43 likes this post.