Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New face for Cockpit
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:37 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I recently saw the new face of the cockpit. I really liked the old face, but the new one is a leap in the right direction, elegant, yet still sporty. I particularly like the detailing around the date windows (previously reserved for the gold & steel versions only). Plan on ordering one real soon, but still struggling with:
1) two tone vs. steel & gold; AND
2) color of the face.
I plan to purchase a two tone pilot bracelet and also buy a black croc band to occasionally switch up the look. Leaning towards the silver face.
ANYONE KNOW WHAT COLOR FACES WILL BE AVAILABLE WITH 2 tone or steel and gold? A webstie to see it (Breitling only shows black at the moment) How bout availability? Any opinion on best looking faces?
Thanx.
Book

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
I strongly suggest you go down to the nearest AD and look at them in person. Something (without a doubt) WILL jump out at you. :D

Post subject: Re: New face for Cockpit
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:00 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Book wrote:
I recently saw the new face of the cockpit. I really liked the old face, but the new one is a leap in the right direction, elegant, yet still sporty. I particularly like the detailing around the date windows (previously reserved for the gold & steel versions only). Plan on ordering one real soon, but still struggling with:
1) two tone vs. steel & gold; AND
2) color of the face.
I plan to purchase a two tone pilot bracelet and also buy a black croc band to occasionally switch up the look. Leaning towards the silver face.
ANYONE KNOW WHAT COLOR FACES WILL BE AVAILABLE WITH 2 tone or steel and gold? A webstie to see it (Breitling only shows black at the moment) How bout availability? Any opinion on best looking faces?
Thanx.
Book

Well I can't agree with you on the new look being an improvement, but to each their own. :lol:

Your AD should have the master catalogue by now that shows what combinations can be ordered so that should help you figure out the options, but I don't think you are going to be able to just go into an AD and try them on - I doubt that the AD will have more than one or two examples yet, and maybe no TTs.

Post subject: New Cockpit face
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:48 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
By AD, I assume you mean authorized dealer and I went to 2, 1 who claims to be among the largest ADs in the world (located on the Island of St. Thomas - he did have a very impressive collection) and also a Tourneau dealer in NY. Neither one had a master catelog with the new faces, though the 1st dealer told me that all cockpits will be getting the new face.
Any other ideas, it's not even on Breitling's website?
Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:52 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
The new cockpit is on Breitling's website. You need to select "New in 08" under models and then select the cockpit. They only show on version though.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

Post subject: Re: New Cockpit face
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:37 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Book wrote:
By AD, I assume you mean authorized dealer and I went to 2, 1 who claims to be among the largest ADs in the world (located on the Island of St. Thomas - he did have a very impressive collection) and also a Tourneau dealer in NY. Neither one had a master catelog with the new faces, though the 1st dealer told me that all cockpits will be getting the new face.
Any other ideas, it's not even on Breitling's website?
Thanx

AD is Authorised Dealer.

You are correct, the new look is a replacement, not an addition - although there will still be the old look in stock. Most ADs should have received some of the new watches by now, but no real surprise that they don't have them all yet. I am a bit surprised to hear that they didn't have the master catalogue. Not sure whether mine have it or not - I've had no reason to ask.

The Breitling website always seems to be slow updating with all of the colours. I'm not aware of any discontinues colours on the Cockpit; there is at least one new colour - rhodium which is kind of a medium dark grey.

It may not be completely accurate for all western models, but the Japanese fitting site - http://www.breitling.co.jp/fitting/ has been updated with the remodel.