Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:35 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
It’s been… too long my old buddies :lingsrock:

Coming back to The Source for some advice on a service for my Cockpit.

A bit of a life/collection update since I last posted:

I’ve moved three times, married once, changed careers, and became of father - I live and work in the NYC area these days, but my obsession with watches has not changed. It’s been an incredible journey through these last ~10 years and I’ve collected a few more watches.

Since my last post, in chronological order (fittingly), I’ve acquired:

Speedmaster Pro
Raketa Glasnost
Jaeger-Lacoultre Master Control Calendar
Tissot PRX
Casio G-Shock G-LIDE GWX 5600
Hamilton Khaki Bronze

Still modest, but each has deep meaning to me.

Now, I am coming back here because 1) you all taught me just about everything I know about the fundamentals of watches and 2) I figured this still might be the place to get some Breitling-specific advice.

While winding up my Cockpit recently, it made a sickening “thunk” noise - the hands / date will still set, but the seconds hand will no longer run in the screwed-in position. I had my watch last serviced at Breitling in CT via an AD about 4 years ago - was a relatively smooth process for a routine service.

My question is if the gang here has any advice on what will likely be a complete overhaul. Is the best course of action to take to my local AD(who I trust) and have them manage all the funny business or attempt to connect directly with the Mothership in Switzerland? It’s a bit of a memory jog request and a bit of a call to hear how members have felt the service from Breitling has been as of late.

Hope anyone I’ve crossed paths with in the past here that reads this is well and thanks as always for the advice and guidance.