The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:39 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I just received my crosswind back from a full overhaul. Its probably 20 years old and had never been serviced previously. I purchased it new and have been the sole owner. It always worked well until completely stopping about 6 months ago. Anyway, just got it back from a complete overhaul and it feels very different. I used to wind it about 20 turns or so before putting it on (I wore it once or twice a week). It would wind easily. Now it winds easily about 2 turns and then there is resistance and it feels as if it is unspooling inside, like it is trying to prevent overwinding. Other then that, it seems to keep time properly and will run for almost 2 days after I take it off. I would really appreciate any input. Not sure if they use a different mechanism now being that it is a fairly old watch or something. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:42 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
The Crosswind runs the B13 movement that is essentially an ETA 7750 which has been unchanged in terms of design for decades now, so as such it certainly shouldn't be feeling materially different when you wind it. Who was the service done by? If it was done by Breitling then all work is warrantied, so I'd speak to them about getting it looked at because it sounds like something is amiss there.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:35 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
It was a certified Breitling service location. I held onto it for a week just in case it was totally wound and i was winding against the overwind protection but not change. I brought it back, they agreed it wasn't winding properly and will take care of it. We'll see. Thank you for the reply.