Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 81950
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:04 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I own a chronomat with the 81950 on the case it has another number 55203 at the bottom of the case is this the serial number? for this particular watch or something else.I was told today in Manchester that a 6 to 8 number should be inscribed on the case as well as the numbers mentioned,any clues would be appreciated
thanks

Post subject: 81950
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:25 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
trampolo wrote:
I own a chronomat with the 81950 on the case it has another number 55203 at the bottom of the case is this the serial number? for this particular watch or something else.I was told today in Manchester that a 6 to 8 number should be inscribed on the case as well as the numbers mentioned,any clues would be appreciated
thanks

I'm guessing the back of your watch looks something like this:

Photo credit: @altro on watchuseek

You are wondering if it should look like this:

Photo credit: @altro on watchuseek

All these reference numbers are valid for early Chronomats.

A13048
B13048
D13048
A13047
B13047

Chances are, the second case back above was manufactured during the time Breitling were moving from their older reference numbers (early days of the Schneider era) to the newer reference system, so it has both reference numbers. Your watch is likely to pre-date that changeover period, so just has the one reference number inscribed. As you correctly surmised, the lower number is the serial number.

Post subject: Re: 81950
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:06 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thank you so much for the information and the reply,I was trying to sell my watch and was offered £275 for it but when they could not find a second serial number the deal was cancelled. I later went into a Breitling dealer who was not very informative and refered to the watch as vintage model but said he was unable to tell me anything about it and that i should contact the London website for any further info.Once again thanks for taking the time to partialy solve my problem
Regards Jack

Post subject: Re: 81950
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:16 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
trampolo wrote:
I was trying to sell my watch and was offered £275 for it but when they could not find a second serial number the deal was cancelled.

Jack, unless it is in really rough shape or turns out to be a replica (remembering I have not seen your watch) you'll be able to do better selling it yourself, even on eBay where the fees are pretty high. Take some nice pictures of all the angles and sides of the watch and you should get at least £500 for it, if not more. If you are really stuck, we might be able to find you someone in the UK to help.