Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:19 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for a little help with a potential purchase.

I am looking to purchase an 80330 Superocean (Quartz) however it does not currently have the correct hands and is missing the original bracelet.

After a bit of research it looks as though the original hand set may have only been used on a few models, which unfortunately also seem to be relatively hard to get hold of.

Is there any places that I may be able to source a set of NOS hands or am I holding out for a WTB post and hoping someone has a set laying around in their parts bin ?

I have tried the Heists who are regulary mentioned when it comes to vintage Breitlings but they do not service or stock any parts or service the obsolete Breitling quartz timepieces.

I have also fired an e-mail to Breitling UK but dont hold out much hope on this one.

Any information would be much appreciated, I guess I am looking for suggestions for sourcing the correct parts, and or part numbers to help with the search

Thanks
R

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:24 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Unless Breitling can help out it's going to be luck on forums or eBay. The 'good' news is that because so many of these early quartz pieces are becoming obsolete you may be able to find a donor watch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:30 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Roffensian wrote:
Unless Breitling can help out it's going to be luck on forums or eBay. The 'good' news is that because so many of these early quartz pieces are becoming obsolete you may be able to find a donor watch.

Thanks for the swift reply, unfortunately I thought that may have been the case but thought I should ask here. I have fired an e-mail to Breitling UK (I didn't have the contact details for Grenchen to go direct). So fingers crossed they will take the time to reply or pass my query on.

I have stuck a WTB on a few forums to widen my search and doesnt look to be anything suitable on eBay currently.

TBH I hadn't seen many of the early quartz pieces until recently and its the 503.305 brevet case thats my liking on this model in particular.