Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:03 am 
Contributing Curmudgeon
Contributing Curmudgeon

Liked in: 1 post
Hi everyone,

I just got my wife a turquoise dial Cockpit Chrono with diamond bezel (more pics to follow), and we had assumed that it would fit her wrist, since my Colt GMT fits her without any trouble. Although it is a different style bracelet, the Colt has a greater distance between lugs, I believe, meaning that the bracelet has to get even shorter than the Pilot bracelet on the Cockpit Chrono.

In any case, here is an image looking at the watch from the side before I sized it for her:

I took out one of the links on the right. One on the left was already removed. The problem now is that it is still ever so slightly too big for her, but I don't think I can take out any more links. There is one removable link on either side, and I have set the quick-adjust setting in the deployant to the smallest size. As far as I can tell there has to be one removable link on each side to connect the main part of the bracelet to the end-pieces that attach to the deployant. The end-pieces themselves do not appear to come apart. If they did, then I could do away with one of the regular removable links and life would be good.

So, two questions:

1) Is it possible to disassemble the end-pieces that attach to the deployant somehow? If so, I could attach one directly to the main bracelet without the need for a removable link inbetween.

2) Is it possible to purchase a smaller bracelet?? The bracelet number is C4806 and the end links are 361A.

Thanks!!

--Mofongo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:17 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The bracelet is made with individual links, so in theory you should be able to remove one of the permanent links and replace with an adjustable one to connect to the deployant. I'm not sure exactly how the pins in those ar connected so I would take it to an AD to try and get their assistance.

Post subject: Problem solved!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:36 pm 
Contributing Curmudgeon
Contributing Curmudgeon

Liked in: 1 post
Ross was kind enough to share his experience in trying to downsize the bracelet on his SA. It turns out that you can partly disassemble the end links that connect to the deployant clasp. This allows one to connect the end link directly to the "permanent" part of the bracelet without using any removable links between them at all.

On each of the end links, there are screws that look the same as the screws on the removable links. However, if you turn them, they just turn and turn and turn. I figured these were just placebos for styling purposes. But they are actually a combination of a bar and a screw...one of the "screws" is actually a bar that goes all the way through the bracelet and the other is a regular screw that screws into the bar. If you have two screwdrivers, you can anchor the bar with the one screwdriver and turn the screw with the other (If you don't have two screwdrivers, then you are, um, screwed :mrgreen: ). Once the screw comes out of the bar, the bar can be slid out of the bracelet, allowing the center link pieces to be removed. For the Pilot bracelet, this is the two inner (but not the center) pieces. For the Pro bracelet, this is the central piece.

I performed this procedure on the end link at the lower left of the picture shown in my first post. This allowed me to do away with the removable link immediately above it. Now the bracelet fits my wife perfectly! The watch looks fantastic on her...I will post pictures soon.

Thanks everyone!

--Mofongo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:39 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Great news!

You learn something new every day here.