The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:55 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
New to vintage Breitling Navitimer 809s, but saw this watch in person and really liked it. It's a 130XXX serial number (1969).

Looking to get some feedback on the tritium lume on the dial, especially on the numbers. It's not as crisp as some others I see online, but I see worse too. It's a little wobbly in places, although that could just be from the common tritium shrinkage and aging over the decades. I just want to make sure it hasn't been relumed. I saw it under a blacklight and the tritium looks consistent and matches the hands.

Also, anyone know whether the small chrono hands look original? Any other feedback also welcome. Thanks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:38 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 11 posts
Hi there! I’m not a lume expert at all so I’ll let the pros weigh in, though if the watch has been stored away a while, maybe that very bright color is legit? Seems to match the hands which is nice.

The subdial hands look good to me. The running seconds and chrono minutes hands are a little narrower, and the 12-hour subdial hand is wider, which is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:47 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
liebs520 wrote:
Hi there! I’m not a lume expert at all so I’ll let the pros weigh in, though if the watch has been stored away a while, maybe that very bright color is legit? Seems to match the hands which is nice.

The subdial hands look good to me. The running seconds and chrono minutes hands are a little narrower, and the 12-hour subdial hand is wider, which is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah, the lume is what I need to confirm. I'm confident it's original, based on UV reaction and other examples I see online, but would love to get some more feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:17 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 42 posts
Wobbly lume not an issue with original lume. Hands may be repainted but otherwise all looks fine. Enjoy it.