The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:21 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 534 posts
Location: Santa Marta colombia on our way to french polynesia
Yes the really odd watch , the 3 hand navitimer , doesnt have BOW/WOG
it also doesnt have a reference number and is not documented anywhere
it does however have a 21 jewel movement

But I do not believe anyone doubts the authenticity of the 3 hand Navitimer ? (At least I am pretty sure mine is authentic except for the crown :D )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:58 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Removed by Roff. Post left for IP tracking.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:18 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
Mr. 80% ? Back again; so soon ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:45 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
Dracha wrote:

But I do not believe anyone doubts the authenticity of the 3 hand Navitimer ? (At least I am pretty sure mine is authentic except for the crown :D )

Just to note that at least one of us has some doubts about these "Navitimers," but that's just another fence post to sit upon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:04 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Bill in Sacramento wrote:
Dracha wrote:

Just to note that at least one of us has some doubts about these "Navitimers," but that's just another fence post to sit upon.

Hi Bill
mind sharing why you have doubts ?, at least I think you mean that you have some doubts ?

I must admit they look pretty convincing to me , specially with the raised "B" on the dial ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

WatchFred wrote:
Mr. 80% ? Back again; so soon ?

yeah !! , now lets cross my fingers and see if he can add some valuable info backed up with proof

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:25 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
[/quote]

Just to note that at least one of us has some doubts about these "Navitimers," but that's just another fence post to sit upon.[/quote]

Hi Bill
mind sharing why you have doubts ?, at least I think you mean that you have some doubts ?

I must admit they look pretty convincing to me , specially with the raised "B" on the dial ?

[/quote]

I think we need to start a different thread for this topic. I think your watch is spot on and original Breitling, but I wonder if the "Navitimer" was added separately, since some of the same models/dials seem to have it and others don't. I need to sit on my fence and sort images and ref numbers to make up my mind of whether to lean to left or right.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 20 posts
Something caught my eye a while back from Dracha's observations so I am going to raise it with you

Watch is 50+ years old, why is there no trace of patina on the dial , hands etc , it almost looks too clean for a 50+ year old watch

It made me think about my Toptime dial which is from 1966 so 47yrs old and to my untrained eye looks as good as new.

If the dial on cal_11's watch is made out of the same stuff/paint/lacquer or whatever it is as my toptime then it would also look as fresh unless my dial isn't as old as I think it is :wowzers

Some info or a pointer to where I could find the info on these old dials would be very helpful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:01 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
you dial is perfectly all right, Phil, no worries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 20 posts
WatchFred wrote:
you dial is perfectly all right, Phil, no worries

Thanks Fred, I'll try and research this

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
Supermoto wrote:
Something caught my eye a while back from Dracha's observations so I am going to raise it with you

Watch is 50+ years old, why is there no trace of patina on the dial , hands etc , it almost looks too clean for a 50+ year old watch

It made me think about my Toptime dial which is from 1966 so 47yrs old and to my untrained eye looks as good as new.

If the dial on cal_11's watch is made out of the same stuff/paint/lacquer or whatever it is as my toptime then it would also look as fresh unless my dial isn't as old as I think it is :wowzers

Some info or a pointer to where I could find the info on these old dials would be very helpful

Don't you think it really depends on how a watch was cared for over the years might affect the amount of patina on the dial? If it spent most of its life in a drawer, or a climate controlled environment, it would most likely have very little, if any, patina. Age isn't everything in determining condition. Naturally a watch that was used regularly would likely show more signs of use than a piece that's been squirreled away for years. That's also why older pieces with little patina need to be looked at closely but I wouldn't dismiss them as being wrong just because they show little use.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
Vintage, your're absolutely right. The one below is now 50 years old and was worn! The only thing I have to do is to change the glass...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:14 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

cal_11 wrote:
Vintage, your're absolutely right. The one below is now 50 years old and was worn! The only thing I have to do is to change the glass...

these are well documented pieces with many to compare , many were produced and some likely still around NOS/NIB, makes a huge difference when validating a watch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6