The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:02 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 534 posts
Location: Santa Marta colombia on our way to french polynesia
This is why i question the piece

No edge on the lugs
Textured dial
Too many lines with numbers on the inside
2 tone case in a ghastly manner , not original
The word 'automatic' in a script i do not recognize

And last but not least

Machine worked caseback to remove original (most likely other brand) info , no other original breitling has a caseback looking like this

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:13 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 60 posts
Dracha wrote:

No edge on the lugs
Textured dial

And last but not least

Machine worked caseback to remove original (most likely other brand) info , no other original breitling has a caseback looking like this

I am not sure if I did not post right or if my post was deleted but yes, I was saying the same. As for the case, this is MODERN case work. Only thing vintage on this piece is the sham good to make it LOOK such to extort funds from the uneducated. Shame on you sir, you have no morals.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:41 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
No posts were deleted.

Of course the other reason to doubt the piece is the crook selling it. Buy the seller first has never been so true.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:18 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Quote:

No edge on the lugs
Textured dial

And last but not least

Hello Dracha,

its near impossible to fake a textured dial.
Please ask Trautmann in Karlsruhe/germany, he can send you the original Breitling catalog of 1952 (he has it in stock), there you will see a photo of exact the same watch with the same textured dial. I own only a photocopy of this catalog.

Most of this Felsa 693 Datoras had a 2 tone case, same as the Valjoux 89 Datoras
Quote:
Machine worked caseback

I saw this Datora in ebay before it was overhauled at Breitling, it had some scratchs on the back, but the same signatur. I saw also other Datoras with "automatic". But it was not a good idea of the seller to send it to Breitling.

Quote:

For this Datoras of 1952-periode it was usual to have 2 lines numbers inside, sometimes 3 lines, not only Datoras, also other dresswatches of 1952 have it.

If you want, I can show you some photos of a same textured dial Datora and other genuine Breitling watches of 1952 with 2 or 3 lines numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:23 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Quote:
Of course the other reason to doubt the piece is the crook selling it. Buy the seller first has never been so true.

Roff, maybe you are to much noisy ? I dont know the seller personally, but I know, he is a very respectet Rolex collector.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:42 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
that particular seller seems to be one of the poor guys that fell for the Sage's bull sh*t listings, he has been trying to sell this poor thing for more than a year, early listings showed one of the "valuation certificates" by CrookLounge.

and I'm already getting tired of feeding the troll.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:02 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

WatchFred wrote:
and I'm already getting tired of feeding the troll.

Problem solved :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:37 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
I'm a little bit shocked about the tone in this thread. But maybe I can support the thread starter. I"m owning a 94-28 with a nearly the same dial and case.

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the pics, but you'll see, it's nearly the same watch:
ImageImage

I think, the watch is absolutely authentic and there's no need to bash the threadstarter.

Think about this: Not every Datora is pushed by Mr. März ;-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:07 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 534 posts
Location: Santa Marta colombia on our way to french polynesia
can you please post (much) bigger pics and a movement shot ?
thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:31 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

cal_11 wrote:
I'm a little bit shocked about the tone in this thread. But maybe I can support the thread starter. I"m owning a 94-28 with a nearly the same dial and case.

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the pics, but you'll see, it's nearly the same watch:

I think, the watch is absolutely authentic and there's no need to bash the threadstarter.

Think about this: Not every Datora is pushed by Mr. März ;-)

Just FYI, the thread starter was Mr. Maerz or one of his cronies using about the 8th or 9th different username to try and circumvent a ban that was issued to him years ago. Hence the tone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:51 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

I have been fortunate enough to have been in the workshop of one of the few watch case restorers in the country. I stand be my stance that this case has had extreme work done to it, I do not believe the thread starter denied this fact. This effects the value in a negative way, not in a positive for it is not an original case finish. You do as little as possible to retain or enhance the original finish. This was a like new NOS case restoration.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:40 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Waynepjr1 wrote:
I have been fortunate enough to have been in the workshop of one of the few watch case restorers in the country. I stand be my stance that this case has had extreme work done to it, I do not believe the thread starter denied this fact. This effects the value in a negative way, not in a positive for it is not an original case finish. You do as little as possible to retain or enhance the original finish. This was a like new NOS case restoration.

The vast majority of members here agree with you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:21 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Roffensian wrote:
Waynepjr1 wrote:

The vast majority of members here agree with you.

Thanks Roff, the point being this. When someone does such and then claims vintage, all original it is the same as rolling back the speedometer on a used car to increase the value. This is called fraud were I come from. No more, no less. I do not know this person or his past but I know funny business when I see it. Those making comments have been trying to keep others from falling victim to these low moral people.
Now shall we say, on to bigger and better.

Wayne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:56 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
@Roff: Sorry for this. I know, that März has a lot of accounts in eBay, but I never thought that the guy from the auction is also one of this persons.

März had also a 95-28 for sale, but not this one. His price was 36.000 EUR! Totally crazy :-)

@Dracha: I have some pictures, but in a poor quality. I have to go to the banksafe in the next weeks...
Inside are markings in 3 rows... the movement is a Felsa 693. Breitling signs are authentic.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Quote:
but I never thought that the guy from the auction is also one of this persons.

@cal_11, Mr. März own 80 % of all vintage Breitling watches in the world, more as 50 dealers in ebay are selling for Mr. März,
also a lot of Breitling watches which have presented here by Rene (Dracha) and Paul (vintage) and other members, are the property of Mr. März, you will find them in his shop.

You'd be surprised you how much members here in the forum have bought watches from Mr. March, and they do not know it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next