The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:20 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I have a NOS Breitling Long Playing case and dial. I would love to restore this beauty. I am looking for a movement and all the misc. parts to restore. Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks .... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
very nice case & dial, but this quest is more like "mission impossible"; 7740 movements are close to impossible to find
wish you the best of luck, miracles do happen, but probably your only chance would be to find a donor watch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:27 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 137 posts
WatchFred wrote:
very nice case & dial, but this quest is more like "mission impossible"; 7740 movements are close to impossible to find
wish you the best of luck, miracles do happen, but probably your only chance would be to find a donor watch.

The Valjoux 7740 was a " limited caliber" , produced by Valjoux only for Breitling and Heuer .
That is the reason why you can find so many NOS Pult case + dial offers ... there are no Valjoux 7740 available on the market , and finding a donor is very difficult ... wrecked Heuer Monacos are not very common .
Personaly I have 2 similar project watches Pult 7101 ...I started to collect all the spares in order to assemble 2 brand new V7740 ... I started this quest 2 years ago, and it is not finished :wowzers :wowzers :wowzers .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Well .... This is beginning to sound like a bit of a challenge. Time to dust off my Miyota quartz chrono movement and be the first to own a "Brietling Franken Player". I am not completely discouraged as I have faith. The quest begins. I have a Ollech and Wajs with a 7740.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
Since the 7740 movement is where the value in these pieces is, the donor watch will have a similar value as what you're restoring making it not a very economical endeavor.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 137 posts
weklund wrote:
Well .... This is beginning to sound like a bit of a challenge. Time to dust off my Miyota quartz chrono movement and be the first to own a "Brietling Franken Player". I am not completely discouraged as I have faith. The quest begins. I have a Ollech and Wajs with a 7740.

Some of the 7103 sold by Oldworldjewellers have been used as donors , as they were priced around 950$ less than 2 years ago. They are now out of stock. IMHO it would be a nonsense to fullfill a 7103 or 7104 by killing a O&W 6087 :guns: .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
saabreit wrote:
weklund wrote:

Some of the 7103 sold by Oldworldjewellers have been used as donors , as they were priced around 950$ less than 2 years ago. They are now out of stock. IMHO it would be a nonsense to fullfill a 7103 or 7104 by killing a O&W 6087 :guns: .

:yeahthat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I would not want to sacrifice my Sliderule for the LP. I may be stuck with some very nice useless parts. You never know what might turn up. Thanks for your comments.