It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Navitimer 1961
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:47 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello all !

I´m new to this forum and since yesterday Feb 6th,2010 I´m the very happy owner of a beautiful 1961 Navitimer. I`ve got a 1996 "Old Navitimer", which my wife gave to me as a wedding present and as I like that watch very much I was searching the net during the last 2 weeks for a nice old piece of the same model as I wanted to treat myself a little in my older days.

I checked a lot of offers, had many e-mails coming and going, but as you for sure all know there are lots of cheating bastards around offering questionable quality. All that can be a really disappointing experience. I think nobody likes to transact his hard-earned money to somebody you`ve never met and then wait for a watch you`ve never seen and touched.

During the search after that type of watch you can`t avoid to get into contact with Kurt Bröndum, who, as I understood now, is obviously a respected expert inside the scene. As I`m an amateur and until now haven`t been into the "watch-topic" he helped me a lot and answered a lot of questions about the watch just for the fun of it.

However, to make a long story short, yesterday morning I flew in to Kopenhagen from Germany, met Kurt for lunch in a nice Restaurant and after 3 hours of great conversation and a few good danish beers I became the proud owner of a beautiful NOS ( I learned it means "New Old Stock" ) Navitimer, made in 1961, the year of my birth ! After a good pot of coffee Kurt dropped me at the airport and on my flight back I felt like a little boy with his christmas gift !

The watch really looks and works like new and I still feel like that little boy !

As I give a lot on honesty and reliability, here I have been totally satisfied, I think we both had a great time, thanks to Kurt for the fair and reasonable deal. I´m sure we`ll meet again.

Cheers, Julius

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Navitimer 1961
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:16 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Absolutely fantastic AOPA Navi--biggest congrats! It really is in amazingly nice condition. And of course, you're very smart to pick such an honest seller to do business with as Kurt. Do business with the good guys in this hobby and you won't go wrong.
One quick question--can you tell us the first few digits of the serial#, as we have been discussing these early "B Breitling Geneve" versions lately.
Thanks in advance and again, biggest congrats,
T.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:44 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 78 posts
A new brother discovered, it wasen't just a watchdeal, it was like it had been meant forever that we should meet each other one day. I enjoyed every minute of the Richard, and we will do it again, trust me . . . . ! ! !

This "hobby" of mine has given me more that I had ever dreamt of in terms of meeting new & fantastic people, one day I'll put a few words together of the biggest moments, and write about them here.

If you haven't read this one, then give it a minute or 2 http://www.vintageure.dk/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=248
I know you are out there Fred, and you know that I love you :D (and FYI, here 5 years later Thomas and I still meet 2-3 times a year somewhere in the world, 3 month ago it was in Berlin. it's me to the left)

Tom, I don't believe that Richard wants to try to flip off the caseback, but here's a picture of it.

But come on mate :twisted: would I sell one that wasen't right according to my believe :wink:

Kurt B

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:57 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Kurt B wrote:
A new brother discovered, it wasen't just a watchdeal, it was like it had been meant forever that we should meet each other one day. I enjoyed every minute of the Richard, and we will do it again, trust me . . . . ! ! !

This "hobby" of mine has given me more that I had ever dreamt of in terms of meeting new & fantastic people, one day I'll put a few words together of the biggest moments, and write about them here.

If you haven't read this one, then give it a minute or 2 http://www.vintageure.dk/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=248
I know you are out there Fred, and you know that I love you :D (and FYI, here 5 years later Thomas and I still meet 2-3 times a year somewhere in the world, 3 month ago it was in Berlin. it's me to the left)

Tom, I don't believe that Richard wants to try to flip off the caseback, but here's a picture of it.

But come on mate :twisted: would I sell one that wasen't right according to my believe :wink:

Kurt B

My 66 says hello

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:18 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
That's a great way to start with the vintage pieces.

Deal with Kurt and the people Kurt recommends and you will only have good experiences. Congratulations and welcome to BreitlingSource!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:14 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Kurt B wrote:

But come on mate :twisted: would I sell one that wasn't right according to my believe :wink:
Kurt B

No, no, no. Nothing of the sort.
I only ask for the sake of our knowledge of this quirky brand & the chronology of the 806 in specific. :lingsrock:
The more serial #s we can see, the more patterns we can detect.
Thanks & best,
T.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Very nice Julius. Congratulations to you on the birthyear 806.
Kurt seems like a real stand up guy and I applaud you both on what seems to be a new found frienship.
Welcome to the site as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:18 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi all,

thanks a lot for the congrats and the warm welcome !

@tomvox: Kurt put in the picture of the inside caseback already, which is the same I got. I hope the numbers will help you somehow.

Have a good day everybody,

Julius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:17 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

If I could I'd buy all my watches over a glass of red wine.

I'm lucky enough to live near Portobello Market and it's a pleasure in these days of online buying to be able to handle so many
rare pieces in the steel.

Wear it in good health.

My 1960.
Attachment:
Navitimer.jpg