The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:18 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
Not sure how much of interest this will be to others but as we are a very international group I thought I'd start a discussion...

Just booked my first two flights since March 8th...and it feels good! One to Phoenix for work and then taking the fam down to Key West - highly recommend the Casa Marina if you ever go there - http://www.casamarinaresort.com/ . Actually annoyed that Delta won't fly direct until mid July so have to fly into MIA and drive...beautiful drive though. EDIT. Writing this made me check...they have flights in June now...bastards. Gonna try and fly direct and avoid MIA.

Not said to impress but I am always Diamond with Delta b/c of how much I fly for work...being grounded took some getting use to but I'm ready to get out. I'm sure my family is looking forward to having me gone too! LOL Absence does make the heart grow fonder!!!!

Good time to book it seems with the reduced capacity and I found the price for first to be just about what I use to pay coach and hope for an upgrade. They let families take an entire row 3a,b,c,d) which makes sense. Anyway just thought I'd see what others were thinking and if folks are starting to fly in your part of the world...

Heres to getting back to normal! :woohoo:

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:03 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
I am but a lowly Platinum Medallion SkyMiles member, but I share your desire to get back to traveling. :P

I always stay at Casa Marina when in Key West -- fantastic place, and an easy walk into town. Ping Pong Punch, anyone? :D

All that being said, I'm inclined to continue to wait it out for a while longer, just to see how things go.

Enjoy your travels -- and stay safe!

MickeyWatch likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:11 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Moana43 wrote:
I am but a lowly Platinum Medallion SkyMiles member, but I share your desire to get back to traveling. :P

I always stay at Casa Marina when in Key West -- fantastic place, and an easy walk into town. Ping Pong Punch, anyone? :D

All that being said, I'm inclined to continue to wait it out for a while longer, just to see how things go.

Enjoy your travels -- and stay safe!

LOL I hear ya...Platinum or Diamond just means we are gone a lot. A couple European trips and 20,000 MQM's from 50k on the AMEX always put me over the top.
Cool you stay at Casa Marina...we've been going there for over 20 years. It use to be really affordable before the big remodel..but oh well progress. We aren't going till last week of June so for family trip....so I'm waiting a bit longer too.
Work trips start early June...

Excited I get to "pick out" which watches I am bringing on trips again...LOL #Pathetic

:strummin:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:50 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 2 posts
Up to the end of March I flew to England every week for work (I live in Scotland).

The day after I made the decision to stop flying and work from home the flights started getting cancelled anyway.

As I always have flights booked about 8 weeks in advance I have just been changing the dates as they got cancelled, on a rolling basis - week by week.

Now that the airlines are beginning to start up some routes I now find my flights will be running again in a couple of weeks time. Trouble is they have changed the destination to one of the other outlying London airports so I'm not sure what to do next. Although I have been working from home OK all this time there are things I need to take care of in person.

The question I have to ask myself is: Do I want to sit on an aircraft with 150 other people, even if we are all wearing masks?

Also not looking forward to the hassle that goes with it.

Maybe normal will be travelling less and working from home more!

To complete the collection:
Navi 01 46/Black leather - Black/white
Montbrillant Datora/Navi - White face
:lingsrock:

LEARNING.......EVERY DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Nothing to add on this - just wanted to say it's good to see you still around BB! Been far too long! :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:54 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Driver8 wrote:
Nothing to add on this - just wanted to say it's good to see you still around BB! Been far too long! :thumbsup:

Thanks very much. You are spot on :yeahthat far too long even though I have been lurking for a wee while!

The FB group I'm in is ok and there are lots of nice people there but it doesn't have the same feel as it does/did here.

Maybe I should go and introduce myself again :lol: so as not to hijack this thread!

LEARNING.......EVERY DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:56 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

On a trip now and it’s a breeze...less crowded, planes are definitely clean. Lots of masks...much cha do about nothin’ at this point in my opinion. Everyone here has been going to grocery stores Home Depot Lowes Walmart for months… I see the airport as not much different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:01 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 52 posts
That's good to hear. Personally, I've enjoyed the respite from traveling and I'll be back on the road all too soon. I enjoy traveling, but airline travel is the low point of any trip. I'd much rather fly myself wherever I'm going, but the routes I travel for business don't support self-locomotion.

BTW, what pieces did you decide to pack? 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:16 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Nihon_Ni wrote:
That's good to hear. Personally, I've enjoyed the respite from traveling and I'll be back on the road all too soon. I enjoy traveling, but airline travel is the low point of any trip. I'd much rather fly myself wherever I'm going, but the routes I travel for business don't support self-locomotion.

BTW, what pieces did you decide to pack? 8)

DateJust41
SuperOcean on Breitling Rubber
Navitimer but as it has been 111°-114° I never wore it all it would’ve done is ruin the strap.

Ended up wearing the DJ on Jubilee the most because even the rubber could get “sweaty”...even with only 10% humidity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:28 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 52 posts
MickeyWatch wrote:
DateJust41
Navitimer but as it has been 111°-114° I never wore it all it would’ve done is ruin the strap.

Ended up wearing the DJ on Jubilee the most because even the rubber could get “sweaty”...even with only 10% humidity.

:)

The bold part is something I'm just learning. When I only had one watch and one strap, I wore it everywhere except to Iraq. I'll probably see longer life out of my straps now that I'm being more careful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:43 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Nihon_Ni wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:
DateJust41

:)

The bold part is something I'm just learning. When I only had one watch and one strap, I wore it everywhere except to Iraq. I'll probably see longer life out of my straps now that I'm being more careful.

Oh no doubt...I love my straps leather and croc especially but hot humid days will lessen the life drastically.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

MickeyWatch wrote:
On a trip now and it’s a breeze...less crowded, planes are definitely clean. Lots of masks...much cha do about nothin’ at this point in my opinion. Everyone here has been going to grocery stores Home Depot Lowes Walmart for months… I see the airport as not much different.

When you say lots of masks do you mean on the flight or in the airport?

My flights are supposed to start again on the 15th (although the airline are messing about with times/destination/return leg) and masks are mandatory for crew and passengers.

As for watches when travelling I'm usually only away Monday to Thursday/Friday so I now only take one most of the time. That choice and the strap/bracelet changes with the seasons too but mostly I go for light and comfortable - titanium.

LEARNING.......EVERY DAY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:12 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Breitling Bloke wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:

When you say lots of masks do you mean on the flight or in the airport?

My flights are supposed to start again on the 15th (although the airline are messing about with times/destination/return leg) and masks are mandatory for crew and passengers.

As for watches when travelling I'm usually only away Monday to Thursday/Friday so I now only take one most of the time. That choice and the strap/bracelet changes with the seasons too but mostly I go for light and comfortable - titanium.
I would say that 60% of the people in the airport where wearing masks. On the flight 100% wore masks - this was Delta and they have a mandatory mask policy on all flights at least for now.