The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Good Breitling people, I haven't been on here as I've been busy developing a science fiction concept (long story, yes good pun there!). As fans of fine jewellery you may be interested in one of the acquisitions I've got to help promote it.

I'm currently writing a story which involves a cyclist racing up Olympus Mons, yes the planet has been terraformed so safe for humans, so a hill climb up this monster forms the basis of a terrific story. I'm a keen cyclist myself having ridden in many championships against some of the best riders in the world, most notably Bradley Wiggins in 2011 when he was preparing for the Tour de France. Anyway I'm digressing, when the story in finished I plan to offer a prize which is part of a Rohloff SLT-99 chain in 24 carat gold plating, it is the best chain ever made for a bike and being gold plated obviously can't go on a bike so I thought it will make some nice jewellery. I am thinking about rope necklaces with a few links of the chain. It looks utterly stunning, wonder what you lot think?

And by the way a day on Mars is 37 minutes longer than Earth, so the people there have to use a special adjusted time system that means a second on Mars is fractionally longer than on Earth. No doubt Breitling could come up with something here. Yes all good fun and I'm looking forward to see where it ends up, at the moment just enjoying writing stories but currently not thinking that book sales will fund an 18k Navitimer just yet!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.