The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:57 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
I recently sold a Ralph Lauren top on eBay which I bought from a well known London store.
I have a feedback score of 200, and 100% positive.
I've sold more than 120 items with no issues whatsoever.

I sold this top for £40 which retails for £80, it was in mint condition and I know it's 100% genuine since I bought it brand new from a London designer store.

The buyer just opened a dispute case with me on eBay claiming that "this is not genuine Ralph Lauren UK" and that he wants a partial refund of £20.

The back story:
Before he bought the top, he sent me a message and asked if he can buy it now and "pay for it next Wednesday", but my listing required immediate payment. I didn't reply to this message, and he bought it anyway.

He sent me a message asking for it to be sent the next day, and sent me another message the next day reminding me to send the top.
I always send my items the next day, so found his messages a bit pushy.

Anyhows, I kept my side of the deal, but now he is claiming my top is fake.

I've replied to him that it is genuine, and bought from a store, and if he's still unhappy, then to return it to me and I'll give him a full refund, but cannot give a partial refund for an item that is worth more than what he wants to pay.

What action/options do I have now?
In all the years I've been selling on eBay (and I've sold ALOT of high value items, iPhones, iPads, LV wallets, TAG watches etc) I've never had any problems until today.

What makes me angry is I know the top is real and that this guy is trying to take me for a ride, all for the sake of £20! I mean come on, what is wrong with some people out there!

I'm now worried that he may send another top back to me (mostly likely fake) and I'm not sure what to do in this case.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:15 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Hi. Open a case with eBay describing the incident, and they should back you 100%. They now you are a good seller and want to keep your reputation good, so they will help you. Just keep an open line of communication with them and let them know exactly what happened or is happening.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
What it comes down to is pieces of crap like that are basically making a feedback threat, and they don't even have to say a word. So either you answer to the claim and say you will refund, and he will have to return the item... for which you will likely get negative feedback, or you pay him the 20. In situations like this I do not give in, and will take my chances trying to get ebay to remove the negative. It's probably not a bad idea to engage him in a little bit of a conversation because he's probably not too bright and will say something that will help you show this is extortion. I have done a LOT of ebay transactions and there's never a good answer when dealing with these people, you just handle it the best way you can and move on. Many people can let their emotions get to them and there's really no point to that because it never helps in the end. Just figure it out, and move on.