Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I'm still here!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:39 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys - and thanks for the concern - had a very nasty disease recently which severely limlited my time for 'browsing' the forum...over here they call it "travail" but I think you lot call it "work" (sorry Admin - delete this post if the word is TOO much...)

No new watches - and I'm still waiting for my Panerai 270 - here's a shot just to remind you all

Word has it that it'll be here in the next couple of weeks.

Admin is a very happy bunny today (25th), and I'm sure he'll tell you why very soon...

As to future purchases, sadly still Panerai :wink: , I've reserved the 308. Every year Panerai 'create' a special edition (500 examples) watch linked to the Regatta Challenge Yacht race - I've already got the 2006 version (the 253 as I'm sure you all remember) - and I thought this would go quite nicely with it...

This is the 253 - and Altair, you'll notice that I've put a brown strap on it this time - love it to bits!!

As to Breitling, I'm 'interested' in the Chrono-Matic 49 - black bits on watchs really ring my bell! We'll see...

Oh, and talking of black watches, what do you all think of this one...(details after the last photo) As Michael Palin once said "Even the white bits were black..."

Here goes - Manifaturra P2004, ceramic body, Luminor 317 - finally a BLACK watch that I've been looking for - sadly, two things going against it (apart from the price!) - it's a manual wind and there's no frigging date!!!!

It's good to be back :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Ian!!!!! Good to have you back my friend!!! This place was not the same without you.

As usual, you'r taste in watches is exemplary. The 253 looks stunning on that strap.

Ah yes, the Ceramic Manifaturra Luminor. I see it caught you'r eye as well. I love it as well and am seriously considering selling my soul for it, the only thing holding me back is, as you mentioned, the no date feature. A watch with no date just turns me off. I could make an exception for a dreww watch such as a Patek or even the very nice PAM 114, but for a full featured technologically advanced watch like that it just ticks me off. Although I am looking to add a manual wind to the collection it would definitely not be in something with that character, definitely a base model. The Lefty PAM keeps calling me.

On the current state of things, you might have caught my thread, I am expecting to add a PAM 98 and a PAM 90 very soon to my collection :thumbsup:

The new Rolex DEEPSEA is a definite addition as well, have you seen it? I believe you will like it. 43MM Sea Dweller with impressive technical specifications and a very modern look. On the Breitling front a white dial Superocean is in my 2008 plan as well. I sold the Datora, and as much as I love it might sell my GMT Master IIc if I am going to get the Sea Dweller and Superocean.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the 270, that is my grail Panerai. A near perfect watch in my opinion, I just wish they had displayed the date in a more interesting manner, maybe a Big Date feature or a slightly decorated frame such as on the Chrono Evo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Hey hey hey, old "Monkey Arms" is back! :wink: :lol: Good to see you back again Sporty, and allow me to be one of the first to say a very warm welcome. To quote one of Altair's posts, it's not been the same without "the old coot" around!

I see you still have the Panerai thing going on, but it's good to hear you're liking the Chrono-Matic 49 too. Ling Man's not a fan of it, but it's growing on me in a big way, so I may have to sneak one into the collection later in the year.

Anyway, welcome back. :welcome:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:21 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
:welcome: back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:39 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Welcome back - glad to see that you are recovering from work - though Paneraitis seems to be taking longer to heal from :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:11 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Thanks guys! As to the paneritis it sure is hard to ignore... 8)

I'm hoping to be able to devote a little time to my passion soon...'time' in this context translates to 'money' as well - an all consuming passion needs funds...and work provides (sort of!!) some of this, but never enough.

This said, it's great to see that this forum is still going strong, and that the insanity is spreading as new 'members' get drawn into the vortex!!!

It's Friday, my kids are coming back from uni for the weekend (very unusual - and I'm looking forward to it) so it's very likely that watches will be far from my mind for the next few days - however, I'm having lunch with my AD in Toulouse (in the company of another flaming idiot, sorry, watch fanatic) on Tuesday...hopefully there'll be some news/gossip to share next week.

Have a great weekend everybody - see y'all next week

Ian, Auch

PS. Mesage to driver8 - not so much of the "old" - coot I can live with, but old????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:28 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
:lol: In my defence, it was a quote used by our very own Altair on this thread - http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2536

Good news about your kids coming back for the weekend. And even better news that you're pleased about it! :wink:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:00 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
Glad you're doing better now....

Love the black dial GMT!!!!

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:01 pm 
Breitling Fanatic