The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Cars & Sports Memorabilia... :D

Post subject: Interests
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:10 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Spend most of my time golfing (9 handicap) along with some fishing. Since I live on the coast I spend most of my time dodging tourists!!!!!!! OUCH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:51 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I'm a big golfer. Also, and I know I will catch some slack for this, but I also am into custom/made to measure clothes. I'm a big guy (6'6" 275lbs) so it is hard to finds clothes that fit well. I also enjoy cars, music, theater, and film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:26 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I collect high-end (expensive) sci-fi collectables/replica props. 8)

e.g.

Blade Runner:

Aliens:

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:21 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Golf, movies, cigars, fine wines & beer. (I am English)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:06 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Some very cool interests here!!!

Thanks to bnewbie, I see I am not the only one here with an interest in Tattoos. 8)

Writing, motorcycles and 3D Graphics grab me from time to time, but I can only accommodate one major obsession at a time and the number 1 position currently belongs to watches. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:16 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

sports, music, cars, trying to get through school 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:19 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

My other interests are Guns, guns, and guns. I specifically like Sig Sauers and Competition Bullseye Guns. I shoot (not well) in monthly Bullseye competitions. Quite the passions. However, you should know that I sold/traded several thousand dollars worth of my priced possessions to get my first ling! And I am glad I did!

Some I kept:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:17 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Like cars and play Paintball...

Avenger m1-sold
Skyland
Seawolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:17 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Am I the only Breitling-wearing Star Wars fan? Definitely don't consider myself a die-hard. Wife actually got me started 3 years ago when she bought me a couple model kits for XMAS. Now I have two rooms and a basement full of Legos and one room of Hasbro figures. She leaves me alone cuz I let her buy her purses and shoes. You know there'a a problem when purses cost more than some watches.

Obsessed with fantasy football. DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket, also a gift from the wife, is amazing. And cruises. 3 to the Caribbean and one to Alaska. Got started on golf last year but lost my swing towards the end of the fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:13 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Our dogs, a FR/GR ix and a small Muensterlaender. Every day being outside with them in the woods is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Driver8,

You are into anything fast huh. I am also a BMW freak. I have a 2007 550i which is just an amazing car. I am dying for the M5 though. Have you seen the new M3 yet? I just saw one about two weeks ago and it is a great looking car,do you have one? To satisfy my real need for speed I have a 79 Corvette with a stroked 406 small black with a pair of aluminum AFR 220 heads among many other goodies in the motor. The car is crazy fast but nothing makes me happier then my Beemer lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:56 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Naviman wrote:
Driver8,

You are into anything fast huh. I am also a BMW freak. I have a 2007 550i which is just an amazing car. I am dying for the M5 though. Have you seen the new M3 yet? I just saw one about two weeks ago and it is a great looking car,do you have one? To satisfy my real need for speed I have a 79 Corvette with a stroked 406 small black with a pair of aluminum AFR 220 heads among many other goodies in the motor. The car is crazy fast but nothing makes me happier then my Beemer lol!

Naviman - you've got a 550i? Gorgeous car my man! Good choice! :thumbsup: I've still got my M3 but with only 341bhp it's a bit down on power compared to the new model. I've seen a couple of new ones about now and I have to say it really makes mine instantly look old. Trouble is though, with my recent house move I just can't justify buying the new shape model. :cry:

The thing is there's not a lot else out there that really does it for me apart from Beemers. I just find them so great to drive! I may have a little look at the used (latest shape) M5 market in a minute.... just to see what the current prices are.

Yeah thanks for this Naviman.... FORCING me to think about spending more cash! :lol: :wink: If I turned up home with a new car, not only would I be sleeping on the sofa well into old age, I think my g/f would ensure that I'd be visiting A&E to have the sofa surgically removed!!! :shock: :lol:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:06 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yeah I have a 550i and it is an awesome car. I have no idea why I would need an M5(like the 550 is not enough) but what the f*ck do we work for huh lol!

I like the older M3's a lot and 341 HP in that little car is pretty good. I had a 330i before the 550 and that car was quick so the M3 must be a handful. I actually really like that 2 door 335 coupe. The new M3 looks the same to me as that car other then what is under the hood. The new M3 is what 400 HP and a V8 right? I have only seen maybe 10 or so M5's since they have come out. I do not know if there are any problems with them or what but man they look mean huh! I have read on a few BMW forums that guys are saying they are great but I do not know what the used market is like for them,actually probably pretty good though.

A buddy of mine was looking for a DB9 and you can get them for like $80k lower after a year or two so they drop like a rock but the Beemers hold their value much better.

Just make sure you have a comfy couch and everything will be alright.......You can always tell your GF I made you do it(I will take one for the team) What are friends for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:22 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
LOL! I'll try and remember the "what are friends for" line when the doctor is snapping on those rubber gloves Naviman!! :lol:

Yeah the new M3 is indeed 400bhp and the first 3 series ever to have a V8. I have to say I love BMW V8's. A few years back I had a 740i with the 4.4l V8 and it was an awesome car to drive. It had the M Sport pack on it with Alpina suspension and 19" Alpina rims from new, so not only was it huge with every toy you could think of, it was also very sporty. Handled like a much smaller car and in black looked like an absolute beast too. It was all standard BMW/M Tech/Alpina kit (no after-market rubbish), but it still made it look pretty mean. A couple of times I had guys next to me at the lights in Porsche's and not one of them tried to race me. Odd really because I do get guys racing the M3......

The M5 has 500bhp so I think that'll be what they describe as "adequate" in terms of power! :wink: Just been looking at M5's - £32,995 is the cheapest I could find currently. Hmmmmmmm..... :lol:

Site Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next