The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:05 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 3 posts
Over this past Thanksgiving we were on vacation in Ireland, and of course I wanted to scope out a Breitling AD. An M173152A1L1X1 Aviator 8 Automatic 41 Black Steel Curtiss Warhawk ended up following me home (at a nice discount, too). The only issue was that the AD was not able to give me the warranty card at the time because they were having an issue with the activation app. So they would send the activated warranty card once that was working again. So I left the store with the watch, foldable box and the AD receipt.

Now it’s been a while since I’ve purchased a new Breitling from an AD. What constitutes “the papers” has changed over the years, but historically for me has typically included an instruction manual (sometimes with the punched warranty card on the last page), an International Warranty booklet, a COSC certificate, a Limited Edition certificate (if applicable) and some kind of warranty card (electronic or paper), if not already included as the last page in the manual.

What I received from the AD was simply a plastic card with the watch information & a QR code. The AD claims that Breitling no longer includes any of the aforementioned paperwork, and that it’s only available online via the QR code.

If that’s the case, I’m fine with it but I’m still curious to learn from anyone who’s recently purchased a new Breitling from an AD what you received along with your watchc