Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SUPER CHRONOMAT
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:36 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum, just want to share my thought and experience with this watch.

I was so tempted with the new look that I decided to pull the trigger on the super chronomat with the UTC module. Personally I prefer the ceramic compare to super blingy of the steel bezel of the original chronomat.

Been using the watch for a week now, I'm impressed with the B01 accuracy. It has matched my blue sub, with - 2s/day.

I don't have a big wrist, about 6.5 in or 16.5cm...but I have always like big sport watches.. But I think 46 is the Max I have worn.

My only complain about this watch, is the winding. I think because of the turbine look design and the crown guard a bit high up, you will have sore thump after several wounds. I have several other watches and this is by far the harshest. I hope Breitling can improve on this, at this price level it should be smooth.

Another disappointment is the lume. Breitling is great to have the lume painted in most places including the bezel, even those tab riders.... Unfortunately I think those lumes don't last really long. At night I even struggle to see any lume left without charging more.

Overall I'm really happy with the super chronomat, and I would really recommend to anyone who like big sport watches. Image

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

2 people like this post.
 Post subject: Re: SUPER CHRONOMAT
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:51 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 51 posts
Thanks for sharing. I was also tempted by the Super Chronomat but finally went for the "normal" Chronomat. The Super Chronomat was just too big for my taste and I was not sure about the ceramic rider tabs and pushers and crown. But the UTC module is way cool, isn't it?

I absolutely agree with you about the lume. It should be stronger. I have the silver dial version of the Chronomat and the contrast of hands/dial is quite weak. Stronger lume would serve well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:25 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

gbuergisser wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I was also tempted by the Super Chronomat but finally went for the "normal" Chronomat. The Super Chronomat was just too big for my taste and I was not sure about the ceramic rider tabs and pushers and crown. But the UTC module is way cool, isn't it?

I absolutely agree with you about the lume. It should be stronger. I have the silver dial version of the Chronomat and the contrast of hands/dial is quite weak. Stronger lume would serve well.
Yes, big watches may not be to everyone taste especially for people with smaller wrist like mine. I guess I'm so used to wearing big watches like Seiko divers (Ii.e. King Turtle, cpt Willard, etc) as my daily wear.

Yes the UTC is cool, it can be handy sometime when you driving with both hand while trying to focus on the road, with a blink of your eyes you could tell what time it is Personally I just thought I may as well get the UTC bracelet, in case even if I'm bored I could just swap them with NATO strap or their other rubber strap. At least now I have the complete set that bring back those vintage utc history reference.

I hope they will really improve their lume in future releases. I'm not sure though could it be just for this super chronomat or other breitling watches also don't last long?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:11 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Great piece. Unfortunately I don’t have the wrist size needed for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:45 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

boogiebot wrote:

Let's hope once they make this super chronomat with ceramic a success, they will go on to make the smaller size like 42. I highly doubt they will make anything smaller than 40. Because they are Breitling... They want it big, but they also want to accommodate more wrist sizes buyers. A good example of this will be the AVI series. Super huge at 46, but they make the reedition version at a wearable 42.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:48 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Ausindo wrote:
boogiebot wrote:

Let's hope once they make this super chronomat with ceramic a success, they will go on to make the smaller size like 42. I highly doubt they will make anything smaller than 40. Because they are Breitling... They want it big, but they also want to accommodate more wrist sizes buyers. A good example of this will be the AVI series. Super huge at 46, but they make the reedition version at a wearable 42.

If it’s a 42 with very short lug to lug it could work for me. My sweet spot is 38-40 mm. I recall they use to make a 41 chronomat a few years back but then just discontinued it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

boogiebot wrote:
Ausindo wrote:
boogiebot wrote:

If it’s a 42 with very short lug to lug it could work for me. My sweet spot is 38-40 mm. I recall they use to make a 41 chronomat a few years back but then just discontinued it

Yeah I also think 40 like the Rolex Submariner is the best size. I don't know why Breitling don't listen to us as customers? Maybe they expect us to be like Bruce Banner and be angry and turn to Hulk so we can wear Breitling punny little watches?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:21 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Ausindo wrote:
Yeah I also think 40 like the Rolex Submariner is the best size. I don't know why Breitling don't listen to us as customers?

Yes, I'd love to see a few more pieces in the 40-41mm range these days.

My sweet-spot used to be around 44mm a few years ago, but after wearing my Rolex's a lot more recently, I've grown very accustomed to just how comfortable and versatile the smaller size watches are.

But Fred recently said the US fan base (and others) have been asking for larger pieces - hence the new 46mm Super AVI.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:14 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Driver8 wrote:
Ausindo wrote:
Yeah I also think 40 like the Rolex Submariner is the best size. I don't know why Breitling don't listen to us as customers?

My sweet-spot used to be around 44mm a few years ago, but after wearing my Rolex's a lot more recently, I've grown very accustomed to just how comfortable and versatile the smaller size watches are.

But Fred recently said the US fan base (and others) have been asking for larger pieces - hence the new 46mm Super AVI.
I’d love to see who these US fans are .

Breitling use to have a very urban following with rappers and ballers rocking iced out pieces. That dad is long gone and most of these customers have grown into more expensive brands.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:27 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 52 posts
boogiebot wrote:
Driver8 wrote:
Ausindo wrote:

Breitling use to have a very urban following with rappers and ballers rocking iced out pieces. That dad is long gone and most of these customers have grown into more expensive brands.

I guess I'm part of that base. I have a Navi World and Transocean Unitime, both are 46 mm. I've worn that size for so long that when I try on anything smaller they feel like toy watches.

56scooter likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:54 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Look like this super chronomat also work on the mesh band rubber. Just thought of trying something different than the stock rollo rubber. Looks great, I think with the rubber feel a lot lighter.. Unfortunately I don't think they are compatible with Nato or Breitling Econyl strap. The lug space too thin... I love using NATO. Image

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:48 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 14 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Ausindo wrote:

+ 1 vote for the 40-41 mm range - my sweet spot. Among all my watches one of the most worn is my Chronomat 41 - Blackeye Blue on Pilot bracelet. Love this watch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Nihon_Ni wrote:
boogiebot wrote:
Driver8 wrote:
[quote="Ausindo"]Yeah I also think 40 like the Rolex Submariner is the best size. I don't know why Breitling don't listen to us as customers?

I guess I'm part of that base. I have a Navi World and Transocean Unitime, both are 46 mm. I've worn that size for so long that when I try on anything smaller they feel like toy watches.[/quote]If you have the wrist size to pull it off, I say go for it. My wrist size is 6.7 inches, more round than wide. This causes issues with lug hang. Ideally, a watch with 50mm lug to lug length is the most I can wear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:47 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
that base is HUGE ;)

the Super AVI have 51.5mm lugs - and they wear much smaller than the TO Unitime. give it a try.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:44 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

More than a month now with the Super Chronomat, I find myself wearing more with the rubber than bracelet. I guess other than the size, the hefty weight of the watch can be a negative for some people.

One thing I'm happy this watch is surprisingly tough... I have been using it to the beach, doing sports, kayaking, etc...and still not a single scratch.... Unlike my Sub, you will get lots scratches wearing them a lot. I guess the 904 steel despite stronger resistance to corrosion, it's softer than 316 steel.