The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:06 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hey there. Long-time watch collector, first-time Breitling owner.

I am super disappointed in my experience thus far. I acquired this beautiful timepiece in January of this year. Since then it has broken twice and Breitling customer service has been some of the worst I've ever experienced, period!

I had only worn the watch for a little over a few before I noticed that the reserve standby time was nowhere near as advertised. After working with customer service they requested that I return the watch to the US service center for repair. In the end, the watch had to go back to Switzerland as the movement is very unique and requires a special technician. After almost 2 months of being without my watch, it finally came back, and now has adequate reserve time.

That a good thing right? Hold on...

Only a few short weeks later I missed the meeting because the time on my watch was not correct. I had noticed that the time had actually stopped. This is puzzling since I charged the watch only a few hours before. After winding it a few more turns to the stop, it still was not activating until I actually manipulated the time change for it to re-engage. Over the next few weeks, I have experienced the same issue several times. Clearly, the watch is broken AGAIN!

I have since reached out to Breitling USA (it took several emails for them to respond) who has been completely worthless. I expressed my extreme frustration with the quality of the watch that I have purchased, and they appear to have no sympathy and or interest in retaining me as a customer. My only option is to once again return the watch to Switzerland for service. I can't believe I paid this much for a timepiece that I've worn maybe 20 times in six months and has broken twice.

I was told to return it to the dealer, but they said I'm outside their return window. I am left out to dry in the end!

If any of you have an idea as to how to reach Breitling Switzerland or have had a similar experience, I would love to hear about it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:49 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
How active are you? Do you wind it fully when you first put it on (40+ winds).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:31 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 811 posts
Mickey, OP said

Quote:
After winding it a few more turns to the stop, it still was not activating until I actually manipulated the time change for it to re-engage

My amateurish guess is that during the first repair something went wrong with stem assembly. Maybe it needs just some adjustment by watchmaker. The problem is if watch have to be sent to Switzerland just because of this. Maybe it could be done locally but that would possibly void guarantee on the watch.

I understand the frustration.

My experience with Breitling over years is great, but I didn't have no strange problems with my Breitlings, just regular maintenance.