The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:14 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello, I am new here and would like to first thank you for the warm welcome!
A friend of mine has this watch from the legacy of her late husband (see pictures / link below).
Unfortunately, I can not find anything specifically to this model on the Internet, with which I could determine the eventual value.
In addition, the clock is defective and a hand has fallen off.
It is a Breitling Navitimer QP 95 Ref. K18022 in yellow gold, limited to 50 pieces, here is the number 27/50.
If you can help me in any way, I would be very grateful.
Many greetings from Belgium,
Michael

Detailed pictures on my private webspace http://bohn.be/breitling

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:58 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
navitimersuzy wrote:
If you can help me in any way, I would be very grateful.

No doubt a rare timepiece, and lovely that it is accompanied by the boxes, papers and accessories. Please note that everything I say below is predicated on the assumption that your friend wishes to sell this watch. If they wish to keep it, my advice would be different.

The problem in establishing value is that there are none of these currently up for sale, so this can only be done by proxy and then adding or subtracting based on comparing characteristics of what you find. For example, if you go to Chrono24 and search on yellow gold, white gold and platinum Navitimers in the year range 1990 to 1999 you will currently see eight watches worthy of comparison ranging in value from €7.5K to €40K. This is a wide range, but I would suggest in a fair marketplace this watch would be at the higher end of that range.

Now before any excitement builds, there is more to determining value than simple comparison. You also need to find a sales channel that you are comfortable with and to find a genuine buyer. Sometimes this can be as simple as listing it on Chrono24 or eBay at cost a little higher than you "feel" it is worth and then negotiating down to an agreeable price...or it could be more comfortable to find a reputable dealer to sell it to, or through them on consignment. Online resources like Chrono24 and eBay can be a bit of a gamble with regards to safety, while dealers will always take a quite sizeable cut of the value. Please consider the options carefully and temper expectations.

Finally, the general consensus with selling watches is to sell them as they are, as you will not recoup the costs of a service. However, in this case I would go to the relatively small expense of finding a reputable independent watchmaker (that is, do not send it to Breitling) to re-attach the chronograph hand so the watch looks whole again. Living in Europe you are likely to be spoilt for choice as to who you can approach to undertake this small task, and someone here may even be able to help with a recommendation.

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:08 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thank you very much for these infomations.