The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 6 posts
Thank you, Driver8, for your educational response.
I would just really like it if, as WatchFred says, Breitling were to be really, really open about it. For instance mentioning the collaboration with Concepto or the La Joux-Perret base in the descriptions, making these questions redundant, as well as avoiding misleading/confusing terms like manufacture and in-house.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:21 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
I haven’t posted on here in a while as it’s been a crazy year, but I saw the new Breitling releases and was reminded of these forums and everyone here, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

The new releases are absolutely fantastic, it’s great to see Breitling pull themselves out of the rut they have been in for so long, at this rate they might overcome Omega in five years, great job George’s, Fred, and the rest of the team!

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:05 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Altair wrote:
I haven’t posted on here in a while as it’s been a crazy year, but I saw the new Breitling releases and was reminded of these forums and everyone here, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

The new releases are absolutely fantastic, it’s great to see Breitling pull themselves out of the rut they have been in for so long, at this rate they might overcome Omega in five years, great job George’s, Fred, and the rest of the team!

Altair! Good to see you again my friend! Sadly it's even quieter here now than it was when you were last here. I'm still hanging in there though! :lol: I hope all is well with you?

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:30 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Altair wrote:

Good to see you around Altair. I totally agree with you—if Breitling keeps running the ship tight like this they could give omega a run for their money. I still think there is a lot of the line that can be chopped and making watches that are 48-49mm is ridiculous IMO, but, for the first time in a very long time they seem to be heading in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:04 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Altair wrote:

Altair! Good to see you again my friend! Sadly it's even quieter here now than it was when you were last here. I'm still hanging in there though! :lol: I hope all is well with you?

Great to see you keeping the torch alive Driver, you are a better man than me!

I am doing well, trying to keep a new business afloat, turns out opening a fine dining restaurant was not the best idea just before a global pandemic :?

Its really good to see these forums still there, I have no doubt with the direction Breitling is taking and all the right moves they are making under new leadership that the brand will take back its rightful place in the top tier of Swiss watchmakers, and I am sure these forums will be even more alive than they ever have been.

Again, really good of you to keep faith and stick around doing the work even with the low interest. I have allot of fond memories of these forums and count many here now and previously, including yourself, as friends. Its good to relive those days and the passion we had for Breitling.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, the new releases are truly great. I am down to one Breitling in the collection, my beloved Navitimer, and now I am considering adding three more once the finances allow (if this pandemic is ever over), considering I moved on from Breitling as the first watch brand I was truly enthusiastic about to Pateks and Langes and now that passion is rekindled I would say that is no small feat!

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:38 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 49 posts
Just want to add my Congrats to Fred and the team. The new releases are awesome. Someone posted a live shot of the pistachio on FB—it looks like a really subtle green. I love it. The hits keep coming and I’m still here trying to decide which one to buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:25 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
There is now a LE Bordeaux dial Premier Chronograph available in a run of 250.

https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches ... 0930D41K1/

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:41 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:

Why are so many people calling it Bordeaux when the website clearly calls it Burgundy. Is it called something different in different markets for some reason?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:28 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 6 posts
arcadelt wrote:
jnelson3097 wrote:

Why are so many people calling it Bordeaux when the website clearly calls it Burgundy. Is it called something different in different markets for some reason?

Interesting. From wich country and in what language are you accessing the website? When opening the link you posted, accessed in English from Norway, it states "Bordeaux". So far, I have not seen Burgundy stated anywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:39 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
arcadelt wrote:
jnelson3097 wrote:

This is what the website states:

This specific Chronograph comes in a limited edition of 250 pieces, in stainless steel with a bordeaux dial and brown alligator strap.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:52 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
Magulv wrote:
Interesting. From wich country and in what language are you accessing the website? When opening the link you posted, accessed in English from Norway, it states "Bordeaux". So far, I have not seen Burgundy stated anywhere.

Australia

USA

UK

Norway