The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:58 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
I know some of you guys and gals have bigger and better but these right here...push all my buttons right now.
Blue Calf, Blue Croc, Black Croc, Black Calf...love 'em all. Keeping the SuperOcean extra casual on the blue rubber...the rest are fairly self explanatory. Thanks for any comments.

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:31 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 285 posts
Awesome my friend,enjoy them all, Colin

Breitling Chronomat Longitude
Breitling Chronospace automatic
Breitling Navitimer B01
Breitling Skyland Avenger
Breitling Skyracer Automatic
G Shock Work Watch

CGS

MickeyWatch likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:39 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

CGS wrote:
Awesome my friend,enjoy them all, Colin

Let's see that family you have listed there below...add 'em to the thread! I am sure "satisfied for now" covers all of us! LOL

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:06 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 52 posts
Okay Mickey, I'll take you up with a comment if you'll indulge me. I'd love to hear the story of how you picked out those models and what made you decide to purchase them. Your four Navis are all different, but they're certainly all related, and because of that they're also somewhat similar. How did you end up with that assortment of watches?

For my own journey, I am discovering the joy in owning a variety of straps and how a different strap can change the overall feel of a watch, but I didn't start there. I browsed the stores for a few years with my eye on a white Navi World and planned to buy it "later" when this or that life milestone happened. But one day I walked into an AD, literally to kill time before meeting a friend, and I saw a striking black Navi World on a black croc deployment (which I had not seen before) and was offered a 20% discount, so I pulled the trigger. I wore that watch nearly every day for 13 years without giving any thought to buying any other watch.

But last year, as I was preparing for an epic flight across the Atlantic, something made me ponder buying a new watch for the journey. I stumbled upon the Transocean Unitime and was immediately smitten. It was the perfect accompaniment to and memento of that trip. Since then, I've enjoyed it in an every other day rotation with my Navi. They are both beautiful and functional instruments that I enjoy very much. I guess it was the act of shopping for and buying my second watch that got me thinking about the next one almost as soon as I got home from my trip.

I was in a store a few months ago that carried multiple brands, and while looking at the Omega Speedy I mentioned to the clerk that "I already have a watch like that" meaning that I had a black watch, so I couldn't see buying another black watch, even though I really love the history behind the Moonwatch, and everything about space.

My Transocean is white, the Navi is black, so as I've been thinking about another watch I've been considering something blue so that it's different from the other two. I'm contemplating the Omega Moonphase (blue), or the Chronoliner (blue). Then again, I also like the Speedy Moonwatch, Emergency II, B-50, Navi GMT, Colt Skyracer, and maybe even an Avenger Hurricane; all for different reasons. But I could never have so many watches that are so similar in color, look and function, could I?

Enter your picture of multiple Navis and it's blowing my mind! How did you decide to buy those particular models? How do you decide what to wear? Help me, sensei!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:46 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Thanks for the post...very cool hearing your story especially the part about one watch for 13 years. Love that. Although can't say I relate to "already have a watch like that...a black watch". LOL But thats ok! The Transocean Uni is an amazing watch BTW.

I'll try to explain but I don't think there is a good answer. I just go with what I like.

I love the design of the Navitmer and personally see big differences between the models, their history, movement, dial, dial layout...how/when I wear them.

The 41.5mm Cosmonaute (Lemania) A12322 obviously stands on its own with that historic movement and being manually wound.

The 41.5mm Old Navitimer II A13022 with its 6,9,12 Dial Config (Cal 13) was my first Navitimer but then I realized the 3,6,9 sub dials were more pleasing to my eye so I got a 41.8mm Navitimer 2003 A23322 (Cal23).

The last one is the LE AB012112 which is my only 43mm and the first B01 to be released with a display back and solid White Gold Wings. A more common version would be the AB0120 43mm but solid case back but with solid Gold Wings. I will probably get on of those as well b/c I love the Yellow Gold Wings...then you will think I am really a nut job. Look if your going to collect Derek Jeter baseball cards...you try and get every year right? LOL

I only like white and black dials so that makes it easy on me when buying. I just don't like yellow, red, green or even blue dials...well maybe I like blue dials but not enough to buy a watch with one. So there's that...

The Blackbird is a watch that I recently bought b/c of photos on this forum...@Hunterfate LOL. I love to wear around the house as odd as that sounds. I don't wear it out or to work, just in the back yard, cooking on the grill etc. its light comfortable and I like the bracelet...and I don't like many Breitling bracelets. I wear it mainly to save my straps - I love straps. I think the SuperOcean will probably take it's place around the house and out in the real world. Going to be a great watch when we go down to the Keys and Key West in June! Although the Blackbird is a complete set which I love..it seems a tad small so I don't know if it will make the cut.

Back to the straps....When I wear a watch on the blue croc or blue rubber it completely becomes more casual to me than black so I wear those when I'm in t-shirts, shorts and as I've posted before a pair of blue or pink checkered vans - LOVE IT. Happily married 24 years and my wife has gotten use to seeing me in suits in the day and dressed like a "bum" at nights and weekends. It just works for me...

Just part of the "story" but...Within the last two years I got rid of a Rolex Yachtmaster, Tudor Ranger, Tudor Tiger Chronograph, Rolex Explorer II white, and 16610LV Sub (Anniversary) all sold on eBay and to a amazing guy out in Orange California. I was so damn "dependent" on Rolex that it become boring and I only ever wore the LV anyway. It was liberating to get rid of them although I will never get rid of the new DateJust 41 on Jubilee. Thinking about it I find Navitimers to be the anti-Rolex and that makes me love them even more.

The Omega Speed Master Moonwatch- amazing, hand wound, hesalite crystal...Every collection should have one IMHO. The joy of getting out the polywatch and "buffing" the Hesalite back to perfection - love the satisfaction. When I'm on a plane and I see a guy with a Moonwatch on I immediately regret not having mine with me and always compliment the watch...I just know even if that is his only watch "he gets it" and I respect that.

Not sure how much if any of that will resinate with anyone but...thats ok.

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:39 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Very cool. I really like how you pushed in a certain direction with the navitiners. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:21 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Mickey, thanks for this reply. It's really interesting to hear other people's stories about how they acquired specific watches.

Thanks for the story about your Navis. I get it. It's an issue I've been wrestling with as a few different Navis have caught my eye recently.

"Look if you're going to collect Derek Jeter baseball cards...you try and get every year right?" I totally get that.

I'm glad to hear your feedback on straps too. Until a year ago, my Navi was always on a black croc and I wore it with everything: from flip flops, to flight suits, to uniforms. I don't really wear suits much, but business casual is my normal work attire. Because I had a black croc strap, I bought black shoes and belts. Problem solved! If you only have one watch, you don't really think about what goes with it very much; you just wear it.

I bought custom red lizard and green croc straps for Christmas, just for fun, and it opened my eyes to a whole new set of accessories to my watch. I found that changing the strap really changed the look and feel of my watches, and gave me a whole new avenue to explore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:56 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Nihon_Ni wrote:
Mickey, thanks for this reply. It's really interesting to hear other people's stories about how they acquired specific watches.

Thanks for the story about your Navis. I get it. It's an issue I've been wrestling with as a few different Navis have caught my eye recently.

"Look if you're going to collect Derek Jeter baseball cards...you try and get every year right?" I totally get that.

I'm glad to hear your feedback on straps too. Until a year ago, my Navi was always on a black croc and I wore it with everything: from flip flops, to flight suits, to uniforms. I don't really wear suits much, but business casual is my normal work attire. Because I had a black croc strap, I bought black shoes and belts. Problem solved! If you only have one watch, you don't really think about what goes with it very much; you just wear it.

I bought custom red lizard and green croc straps for Christmas, just for fun, and it opened my eyes to a whole new set of accessories to my watch. I found that changing the strap really changed the look and feel of my watches, and gave me a whole new avenue to explore.

Oh man you went there! Red Lizard!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: I agree about the black shoes and belt...it can get boring and defiantly limiting.

Some of my favorite casual shoes to wear are a particular Clarks. When they stopped making these I bought up a couple spares of each...all stacked up in the closet. :santa: If I'm wearing jeans or khakis I'm probably wearing these. My point is not to discuss shoes but to say I wouldn't wear these shoes with khaki's and a black croc strap... I know I know most people think those shoes are ugly. :uplaugh:

Straps change a watch so much...I'm imagining now what you wear with that red strap! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:50 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I was browsing though a custom strap maker that I've bought from before, looking for a new black croc, and I decided to see what else he had when I found the red lizard and decided to get it, and then accidentally ordered a green croc (I thought it was black).

I took a cue from Kevin O'Leary on Shark Tank and just decided to wear the red lizard with whatever I was wearing. For the most part, it went with most of my wardrobe pretty well, maybe because it was the holidays, but I really liked the strap. It has black streaks in it that get darker towards the buckle, so the underside looks really different than the top. I tried it on my Navi but didn't like it as much as on my Transocean, so I put the Navi on the green croc. The two of them became my Christmas collection. I put them on right after Thanksgiving and wore them until New Year's Eve.

I just ordered a blue sharkskin strap that looked interesting in the photos. I'll see how it looks in real life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:25 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Nihon_Ni wrote:
I was browsing though a custom strap maker that I've bought from before, looking for a new black croc, and I decided to see what else he had when I found the red lizard and decided to get it, and then accidentally ordered a green croc (I thought it was black).

I took a cue from Kevin O'Leary on Shark Tank and just decided to wear the red lizard with whatever I was wearing. For the most part, it went with most of my wardrobe pretty well, maybe because it was the holidays, but I really liked the strap. It has black streaks in it that get darker towards the buckle, so the underside looks really different than the top. I tried it on my Navi but didn't like it as much as on my Transocean, so I put the Navi on the green croc. The two of them became my Christmas collection. I put them on right after Thanksgiving and wore them until New Year's Eve.

I just ordered a blue sharkskin strap that looked interesting in the photos. I'll see how it looks in real life.

Looks Great!!! :superman:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:11 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 54 posts
Transocean is a pure beauty !