The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:03 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 62 posts
This watch looks really nice. Big date, sub-dial hands with lume etc. Is there any reason not to buy this watch? Any quality issues? How does the date change; in a fraction of a second or over several hours?

This watch uses ETA 2892 as a base, not an in-house movement. Btw, at breitlingsource.com I could only find a slightly newer version of this watch, the A44360. The only difference I can see is some colors on the dial and hands.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:17 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
I've had 2 versions of this watch... The black eye blue on bracelet and the blacksteel on rubber. It's an excellent watch and possibly my all time favorite Breitling that I have owned (and I've had a lot Breitlings). The faceted bracelet is beautiful, my favorite bracelet ever done by Breitling. Love the balance and symmetry of the dial. It looks excellent on the bracelet, leather strap, or rubber. It's just an excellent overall watch and it has been very durable and reliable for me.

The date change mechanism happens over a few hours so the movement has the danger zone of not advancing the date manually between 9pm and 3am, but the date itself does change quickly to the eye. But the process itself does happen over a period of time within the movement itself.

I would very much recommend the Blackbird

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

MrRoy likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
I would highly recommend the big date Blackbird. Have owned this version for almost ten years and still have to stop and enjoy the watch when it comes up in the rotation. It looks good on either the bracelet or on leather/croc or rubber. I have had it on all of these and I do not have a favorite. Two of the major differences between the older and newer versions is the ryder tabs and the lume on all of the hands including the subdials. The newer model does not have either of these and it also doesn't have the faceted bracelet and that is a true loss. If you like it you can have it with the black dial, blue/black dial, polished or brushed. There was also a white gold version but that is not my taste or financial comfort zone.
Just my .02 but give it a real look before you pass.
Frank.

MrRoy likes this post.