It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Airwolf Raven
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:37 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi Everyone,

I have just found this forum & immediately registered as this is exactly the kind of resource I have been looking for. It's good to be here & I am hoping to find the answer to a question about my Breitling.

I am the very proud owner of an Airwolf Raven which, in my opinion, is a work of art that tells the time! However, I have noticed since I bought it in 2010 that it has 'Edition Speciale' (Special Edition) on the rear of the case.

My Breitling stockist (who has recently serviced it) informs me this model is not a limited edition, but a limited time during which this model was available.

My questions are does anyone know how long this model was available for, and how many were made?

Any information on this exquisite timepiece would be very useful and much appreciated.

Best wishes to everyone.

Post subject: Re: Airwolf Raven
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:35 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Welcome aboard!

The Airwolf Raven was in production from 2009 to 2012. No idea on numbers produced I'm afraid, and TBH I'm not sure anyone (including Breitling) would know either. As your AD said, SE's tend to be made for short(ish) period of time and then discontinued, so it's more about the time in production than the numbers produced - i.e. if they sell a lot then they'll make a lot during the run ; if they don't sell many, then they won't made many during the run.

Site Moderator

Post subject: Re: Airwolf Raven
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:52 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi Driver8,

Thank you for the welcome & information.

I have opted for the stainless steel bracelet as opposed to the rubber diver strap it was designed for & issued with. This was a personal preference & I just thought it complemented the stainless steel case better.

The manager of my AD has said he has only seen 3 Airwolf Raven models & of those 3, mine is the only one with the stainless steel bracelet, which is what started me thinking about how rare this model actually is.

Therefore it seems the model is limited run as opposed to limited edition, but a work of art nevertheless. It would be great to know how many were actually produced but, I guess I'll never know.

Despite the exclusivity of the brand, I understand not all models are special edition. Am I right in thinking this?