Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:46 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys, looking for some advice.

I've had numerous problems with my Chronomat 44 GMT purchased in late March 2015, it's a beautiful watch but its spent 3 months out of 11 months of ownership being overhauled for various reasons.

1. Firstly the start push piece fell off last June, was repaired.

2. In October the chronograph wouldn't stop, took it to the boutique in London for repair

3. Now the chronograph hours totalizer seems to double the amount of time elapsed.. The seconds and minutes chronograph function accurately but not the hour function.

I've never had an issue with the GMT function of the watch, it's never put a foot wrong.

How should I proceed with this repair? I don't want breitling to send it off to Tumbridge wells, and call me a month later saying its functioning correctly again only for another issue to arise this summer.

Has anyone else had issues with the B04 movement?

I'm starting to regret spending $9k on a watch that has spent a 1/4 of its life being repaired. I certainly wouldn't stand for this if it was an automobile..

At what point can I ask them to just replace the timepiece? I'm thinking its a dud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:33 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 20 posts
Hi,
This is my first post even if I visit frequently this forum.

I'm in the same situation as you, my Chronomat 44 GMT is at Breitling since almost a month now (since 20/02).
I noticed the issue with the hour totalizer when I did a test against a Casio & another B01 movement.
Like you my watch worked flawlessly until this issue.
My watchmaker said it's the first time he had such issue, as the watch was still under warranty he send it back to Breitling.
He said it's strange as this part doesn't require service as it uses "dry gears" (no oil parts).
I will let you know when my watch comes back.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:23 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
Just my opinion on your story but I would take the watch back to your AD and get my money back or exchange for a new watch. I had a Colt chrono go south on me after only three months. It went back to BUSA twice and the story was that it needed a new caliber. I told my AD that I did not want the watch back and we settled on me getting a full refund and a great price on a new, different model, watch. 9K is a lot of money to spend on a watch where you are the beta tester. I am not a bully by nature but this was supposed to be a quality product designed to give you years of accurate and dependable enjoyment. It is turning out to be quite the opposite. I would not wait as the longer you do the harder it will be to negotiate a deal.
Just my .02, Frank.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:52 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
For the record, I recently experienced exactly this problem with my Transocean GMT (B04). I had returned the watch for warranty repair for a chronograph-related issue. When the watch was returned to me, it had a couple of brand new issues, one of which was the chrono hours totalizer running extremely fast. I had to return the watch again to BUSA, and now all is well.