The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

How is your B01 equipped Breitling working?
flawlessly 69%  69%  [ 51 ]
I've had problems that did not require service 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
I've had problems that required service 27%  27%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: B01 Movement problems
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:17 pm 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
It is indisputable that many members here have had their share of problems with B01 equipped pieces.

Although it is expected from an 8 to 10k (or more) watch to function with no problems, and not only for 5 years, after all, it's only a mechanical movement made by humans. And it surely ain't the sole mechanism on the market that has, or has had, its problems. You must also agree that no manufacturer is 100% trouble-free, so there will always be a percentage that would need to go back for repairs, modifications or upgrades. Of course, what percentage is "acceptable" is open for discussion.

As always, a customer that is not happy yells louder than the one who is. So, I thought it could be interesting to have a poll between B01 owners that would give us the opportunity to determine the reliability or the problems of the B01 movement. Is the majority having problems or is it only a percentage?

Also, if you think I should add a question to the poll, please let me know.

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

Last edited by F14D_Tomcat on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:01 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I can't honestly select either of those options. It hasn't been flawless, but I haen't experienced "nothing but problems". There would appear to be a vast middle ground between those two extremes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I have had transocean chrono since July. I haven't had any issues at all with timekeeping accuracy, power reserve, functionality etc. What sort of issues have been prevalent?

2011 Breitling Transocean chrono mercury silver
2011 Rolex Submariner 14060M
2010 Omega Planet Ocean XL
1979 Rolex Date Just two tone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:16 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
Perhaps - (1) flawlessly and (2) I've had problems that did not require service (3) I've had problems that required service.

Both B01 watches I've had have been flawless as far as I know. The Navi 01 LE still runs at +1 sec/day. The 2 pusher takes a bit more effort than I would consider optimal, but I wouldn't consider that a problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:48 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 17 posts
I think this poll is a good idea. It will allow some first hand data gathering. I have two B01 movements- one has worked flawlessly and one has had nothing but problems. I voted for "nothing but problems," as my Chronomat has been junk thus far and will be heading back to Breitling for a 5th time. However, as I live in the UK now, it will go to Switzerland instead of BUSA. I'm hoping this will make a difference.

Navitimer 01- Limited Edition #1337/2000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:05 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
sharkman wrote:
Perhaps - (1) flawlessly and (2) I've had problems that did not require service (3) I've had problems that required service.

Both B01 watches I've had have been flawless as far as I know. The Navi 01 LE still runs at +1 sec/day. The 2 pusher takes a bit more effort than I would consider optimal, but I wouldn't consider that a problem.

My 01 LE works just fine, though I am with Tom regarding the pusher "feel", compared to the crisp, responsive , elegant action of the Venus 175/178 and the Valjoux 72 they seem a little clumsy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:26 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

sharkman wrote:

Thanks for your input Tom, made the modifications. So, those who had already voted, please vote again. Also, I modified the option of limiting the vote to 1, as many of you may have more than one B01 equipped pieces, as bozman57, for example.

But I wouldn't consider pusher efforts as a problem, as you say.

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:00 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
Hello,

Here is below in French :lol: (and a google translation in english below the **** line) from my only problem with a Navitimer 01 Limited edition in 2011.

Heureux possesseur d'un Navitimer 01 Edition Limitée depuis février 2011.
Ce modèle est superbe et fonctionnait parfaitement jusqu'en mi-août 2011.
Passage cher mon AD préféré, le problème étant visible grâce au fond transparent, on y voyait clairement un mouvement de "rotor" de la masse oscillante, à la vitese de rotation des pales d'un hélicoptère.
Bilan des courses : prise sous garantie, échange de la couronne, du mobile d'inversion et du renvoi d'inverseur.
Depuis le retour, (2 semaines seulement, bravo le SAV Breitling à Besançon ) la montre tiend bien sa réserve de marche, à savoir ses 72 heures.
Je mettrai cela sur la nouveauté du mouvement, une erreur de jeunesse...
Le saut rapide de date est très apréciable

In English
Happy owner of a Navitimer Limited Edition 01 since February 2011.
This model is great and worked perfectly until mid-August 2011.
Passage loved my favorite AD, the problem is visible through the transparent background, one could see clearly a movement of "rotor" of the rotor, the activities of rotation of the blades of a helicopter.
Review of Race: taken under warranty, changing of the crown, and the mobile inversion and the reference inverter.
Since the return, (2 weeks only, bravo to the SAV Breitling at Besançon, France) the watch holds perfectly its power reserve, its 72 hours.
I will put it on the new movement, a youthful ...
The jump time is very fast will appreciate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:56 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

OK guys, thanks for those who voted. For those who didn't, please make an effort and make the click. No need to post a comment, unless you feel like it. Steff? Bozman? (among those prone to vote question #3).

Because up to now, an indisputable and overwhelming majority enjoy flawless pieces. I was guessing where the majority would be but maybe not in those proportions based on so many negative threads on the B01 caliber.

Let's keep this thread running.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:59 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Not owning a B01 equiped Breitling myself, I've voted on behalf of a mate of mine who does own a B01 (and isn't a member here, so it won't be a double-count! :D ). His (courtesy of FEAR here) has performed flawlessy over the last couple of years.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:06 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Thanks for your kind efforts D8 :bow:

Is that the mate whose watch you were admiring for a coupla weeks some time back?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:12 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
F14D_Tomcat wrote:
Thanks for your kind efforts D8 :bow:

Is that the mate whose watch you were admiring for a coupla weeks some time back?

Yep, that's the one. :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:44 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

I re-voted for options 2 and 3. I won't belabor all the issues I've had, as people can look up the threads if they care for explicit details. However, I'll provide a very brief summary of my issues to date.

My Chronomat 01 was purchased a month after the watch was released in the US (July 2009). Within a couple months, I noticed the sweeping chronograph hand would "skip" for a short duration at a certain point on it's revolution around the dial. After four trips to BUSA for the same problem, they finally put a new movement in it. Unfortunately, now the minute subdial will sometimes jump to the one minute mark when the chronograph is started. However, the sweeping chrono hand issue seems to be remedied. Regardless, it needs to go back again.

The jury is still out on my Navi 01. When the chrono is started, the sweeping hand seems to move backwards ever so slightly before moving forwards. I can't observe this behavior on the Chronomat 01, which is why I think something may be wrong. However, I haven't been upset enough about it to send it back to Breitling yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:54 am 

Liked in: 33 posts
Everytime I red about this I spend 5 minutes studying the movment of the chrono seconds hand, etc... So far the Navi 01 LE continues flawless for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

sharkman wrote:
Everytime I red about this I spend 5 minutes studying the movement of the chrono seconds hand, etc... So far the Navi 01 LE continues flawless for me.

I appreciate the support, Sharkman :) . I'm glad to hear yours is still operating properly.