The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Managed to see today the Avenger Seawolf against the new Avenger II Seawolf and got some pictures if them side by side.

Have to say that I much prefer the older version.

The new dial and bezel font doesn't look as good on the II and the case shape is now rounded between the horns as opposed to straight across. Makes me think if a strap was fitted to it that there would now be a gap where there used to not be with the straight profile.

The new Professional III came as the biggest surprise for me, didn't like it at all. It's not as deep as the Prof II bracelet and is therefore lighter (and wearing this watch the bulk of the Prof II matched the watch).

Don't get me wrong, the Avenger II Seawolf is still a great looking watch, size, depth and crown etc. but when sat next to the older version, in my opinion, the older version wins hands down. May be just me though.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I agree with you. I went to the Breitling boutique last Sunday in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. I bought the prev. SA earlier after knowing about the SA2 coming out and now seeing it in real, I know I haven't made the wrong choice. Don't have the photos, but it was def. thinner, and the Pro 3 bracelet looked weird, like it gets thinner going down to the pulse. Didn't like the numerals, both on dial and bezel at all. It did sit nicely on my wrist though. Cheeky Breitling HK finally noticed they had overpriced the previous Steel Pro 2 SA at HKD51,200 last June. Now the new SA sits at a price of HKD47,XXX, slightly less than in Europe, but this is by no means a tax free price, although Hong Kong being a tax free place. The staff were nice, and as a bonus, I also overheard a price negotiation going on downstairs on a Navitimer, with the boutique not willing to go as far as 15% off!

Tissot T Navigator 3000 Blue Steel
Fortis Flieger Cockpit L.E. (No. 788)
Seiko Black Monster Rubber Strap
Tissot PRS516 (2004)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 3 posts
It looks like the 2 is larger in size. Is that correct? As for the bracelet, I much prefer the pro 2. The 3 is nice but not as the 2. Something about the smaller links that makes it more unique. Still a great looking watch but I prefer the older one. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:22 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 27 posts
yogi18 wrote:
As for the bracelet, I much prefer the pro 2.

Agreed. Other than the strap and the color range, it's pretty much the same. Main differences were covered here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47060

It's nice to see a close shot comparison and know first impressions in the metal, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yes, I don't know if it's optic illusion, but the new SA looks slightly bigger!

Tissot PRS516 (2004)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:48 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 10 posts
Was going to go for an Avenger GMT until I was told by two AD's that due to lack of stock availability and Breitling all being on holiday at the moment, October at the earliest. So I jumped at the chance of a Seawolf I with a stunning yellow Arabic dial for £1k cheaper (yes a thousand uk pounds) than the new Seawolf II!!!

Only minor niggles are that it's in that nasty cardboard outer box, and the AD didn't have the bezel protector as apparently they throw them away when the watches arrive!

The wrist shot attached! (Photo from my iPhone sitting waiting for a concert to start)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Had
2013 Avenger Seawolf SS yellow Arabic dial
2010 Aerospace Avantage black dial & Co-pilot
2007 Aerospace Repetition Minutes
2003 Superocean
2001 Chronospace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:02 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 47 posts
VPilot, great watch, nice pick up. Enjoy in good health!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:40 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 27 posts
vulcanpilot wrote:
Was going to go for an Avenger GMT until I was told by two AD's that due to lack of stock availability and Breitling all being on holiday at the moment, October at the earliest. So I jumped at the chance of a Seawolf I with a stunning yellow Arabic dial for £1k cheaper (yes a thousand uk pounds) than the new Seawolf II!!!

Only minor niggles are that it's in that nasty cardboard outer box, and the AD didn't have the bezel protector as apparently they throw them away when the watches arrive!

The wrist shot attached! (Photo from my iPhone sitting waiting for a concert to start)

Great discount, well done. Nothing like a good bargain to enjoy it just a tad more :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:50 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

vulcanpilot wrote:

That's a very good discount. I got the same one 2 1/2 years ago in Hong Kong, with an equivalent of £850 discount. At that time of course no new model anywhere to be heard of. Congrats!

Tissot PRS516 (2004)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:41 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Finally I got my hands on my brand new Breitling Avenger Seawolf II. I bought from the Saint Thomas Breitling Boutique trough the local Little Switzerland in Ritz Carlton Puerto Rico. They are the only ones in the Caribbean who had it. Bought it back on June 15 2013 and got it on August 3 2013. I had to wait exactly 7 weeks. The boutique couldn't ship it right away because they had a presentation on July 19 in Saint Thomas where they were going to showcase my watch, then another presentation in Bahamas on July 26.

During my purchase I also bought the rubber bracelet with the nice buckle. Because of the long 7 weeks wait and the exhibition they had with my watch, the manager gave me free of charge the leather strap.

I have to change the straps so all you guys can compare how it looks with the leather and rubber strap.
These people were great with me. Nice to deal with.

Here are the pictures I took with my iphone of this amazing watch. I'm in love with it. :)

I have never done a watch review, but I hope to be the first one soon to post one on YouTube. I haven't seen one yet on the Seawolf II. :)

As soon as I change the straps, I will post pics.

TechnoMarine Cruise Sport - Chrono Quartz Set (2012)
Luminox COLORMARK CHRONOGRAPH 3080 SERIES (2011)
Tissot PRC200 (2011)
Nike+ Sportwatch GPS (2013)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:35 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Wow, beautiful photos with lots of Breitling stuff! Congrats! Was the watch in good order after the exhibition?

Tissot PRS516 (2004)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:57 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

R.L. wrote:
Wow, beautiful photos with lots of Breitling stuff! Congrats! Was the watch in good order after the exhibition?

Thanks!

Yes. It was just like taking it out from the box. I inspected the watch completely and it is impeccable.

They tell me that after I bought it on June, the watch was taken out and stored in a safe. Then they only took it out for the exclusive exhibition in both Breitling's boutique (Saint Thomas and Bahamas). :)

TechnoMarine Cruise Sport - Chrono Quartz Set (2012)
Luminox COLORMARK CHRONOGRAPH 3080 SERIES (2011)
Tissot PRC200 (2011)
Nike+ Sportwatch GPS (2013)