The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:10 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
So i may have my first luxury Swiss watch, the Avenger II Seawolf as early as Saturday (not even 25 yet as my 25th birthday is next month), and i was wondering what i should know about Breitling watches as a whole and particularly the Avenger II Seawolf

It will probably stay as my best watch for quite a while and i chose the Avenger II Seawolf because although i don't really need dive watch features i love the look of dive watches and have had large sized budget dive watches, so combined with an 8 inch wrist i feel like this size watch wont be too big at all

So far i know that as far as looks go, the Avenger II Seawolf is a stunner (in my opinion anyways, theres nothing else like it), im getting a top notch quality watch with a movement modified to keep as good of timekeeping accuracy as possible

The company may not get positive attention from everyone (mainly some think they are too bold, blingy, and in your face, which i cant say i 100% agree in, but i rather have a watch that will be noticed than one so understated nobody says anything), some may claim the company isnt the same as what they originally were, but i think if thats only based on the company changing hands thats pretty much to be expected over a 100+ year history and not something to point out

I also know that after a while mechanical automatic watches will need to be serviced, which without a warranty will cost money

Anything else to add?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:56 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 40 posts
Not sure what else to add, but I love the Seawolf. I've had a Ti (sold) a couple of first gen SS and currently a black baton and a yellow Seawolf II. I've not had the new pro III bracelet, however, and much prefer them on rubber. My early ones, the Ti and a blue SS, were used a lot for scuba and spearfishing; the blue one I used diving one winter when the air temp was -7C and our drysuits froze between dives, but it didn't miss a beat.

Diving in the Med'

Spearfishing Cornwall

Steve