The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How is your B01 equipped Breitling working?
flawlessly 69%  69%  [ 51 ]
I've had problems that did not require service 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
I've had problems that required service 27%  27%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 74
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:38 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
As a follow up. I sent my B01 Chronomat in for the two year checkup to maintain the warranty and I wish I had not. when it came back the sweep second hand would not center when reset and it was running fast of the +6 sec. Sent it back and it came back with second hand centered but still running fast. Went back again and came back still running fast. I just got a call from a very nice gentleman that said he was the head of the repair dept. for BUSA in Conn. and asked me to please send the watch to him one more time. I agreed and have just received the shipping label. Will let you know how it turns out.
As a point of knowledge the caliber in my watch was one of the original runs so I am hopping they have corrected some of the "problems" and can correct my watches issues.

P/s: I ended up keeping the Blackbird and it is running like a top. So glad the sale feel through and I can enjoy it on a regular basis.
Be safe all, Frank.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:01 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 11 posts
Sorry to hear about the problems with the BO1... but WOW that shot of your BEB is outstanding!!

Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:38 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

sco wrote:
Sorry to hear about the problems with the BO1... but WOW that shot of your BEB is outstanding!!

Thank you. It is hard to not get a good photo of this watch.
Frank.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:45 pm 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
Helderberg wrote:
As a follow up. I sent my B01 Chronomat in for the two year checkup to maintain the warranty
:huh

Is this mandatory for watches sold from January 2012 onwards?

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:21 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

F14D_Tomcat wrote:
Helderberg wrote:
As a follow up. I sent my B01 Chronomat in for the two year checkup to maintain the warranty

That was what I was told by my AD in upstate NY. Check with yours as it may have changed.
Frank.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:59 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Any of the in house movements that are covered by a five year warranty are required to be checked for their "water resistance" at the two year mark of their ownership in order to maintain the five year warranty. When I have visited the boutique in NYC they are normally able to do it while you wait if the watch maker is working.

Helderberg likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:03 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Helderberg wrote:
F14D_Tomcat wrote:
Helderberg wrote:

That was what I was told by my AD in upstate NY. Check with yours as it may have changed.
Frank.

Thanks for the info Frank.

My B01 is pre-2012 so the warranty was over by 2012, she will shortly be in for a service though.

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:34 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 17 posts
Driver8 wrote:
I'm really starting to wonder if some of these issues are actually caused by the much vaunted "conveyer" system that Breitling have developed for the B01, whereby movements effectively move along a track between workstations where employees assemble the same part over and over and over again on each movement as it comes round the track. Sure this process may be fast, but I always think that human operators will frankly just loose concentration and get bored after several hours of doing the same task tens (possibly hundreds) of times a day - and it's then that errors can creep in.

You just need to look at any other semi-automated (i.e. fast) and mass-produced product to see that errors can occur with quite a regularity. Compare that to a watch that is hand-assembled by one watchmaker, and the time invested in that movement by one individual performing numerous different tasks is likely (IMO) to engender more care, less boredom and thus less errors on the part of the watchmaker(s). I'm sure that speed of assembly has at least a proportional tradeoff to an increasing error rate.

Of course they may also be issues with the design of the movement purely by virtue of the fact that it's still incredibly new and untested by years of real-world use. IF there is a design issue it would seem to me that it's more a case of the movement just requiring very careful set-up once built, rather than a truly fundamental design flaw. This would explain why some are performing flawlessly while other experience problems.

As always, JMHO, and I should just point out I have no empirical evidence for this - I'm just surmising and spitballing here.

Hi Driver. I agree 100% with you. I am an Ducati supporter and went to visit their factory in Italy the other day. They follow the system of one technician makes 1 entire motorcycle. They explained to me that the technicians get bored and resign if they do the same function day after day. When an technician assemble an entire Motorcycle. He takes pride in his work. I hope Breitling doesn't go the chain gang route.

Unfortunately I bought a Navi B01 46mm from my AD and it failed completely within a week. First it's was 6min off per day. Then the Chronograph stopped. Then the entire watch failed. I am waiting for a new Replacement from Breitling as we speak.

Ling ling

Post subject: B01 Movement problems
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:03 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
I agree with driver as well. Some high end auto makers that advertise their engines being hand built, will plate the engine bay with the persons name who made it. It's a matter of a reward for the individual involved who has mastered a complete engine built for that vehicle. Any problems, then the maker knows who to talk to as well. Works both ways.

Can you imagine picking up your new Breitling and there on the case back is the name of the person who built it!

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:00 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Very disappointing to see that 25% of watches had problems. I am very lucky, my Transocean Chrono hasn't had any problems, because current repair turnaround time in Australia is 6 (six) months. They don't even take bookings for service - if you want your watch serviced, you must send it to them and wait 6 months. I'm finding this ridiculous and very damaging to the brand. Surely Breitling understand that with this sort of product service and warranty must be top notch.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:50 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Only had my navi 3 months but no problems yet . About 4 seconds a day fast but it is better than the 6 seconds a day when I first got it .

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:08 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Puzzling that this is going on for about five years now, apparently with no end in sight, so allow me some questions:

1. Do we actually have precise numbers or percentages of B01 equipped pieces with problems?
2. Are those numbers in the average or as it is often the case, unhappy customers are heard more than happy ones (generally speaking)?
3. How does these numbers compare to other movements in or out of Breitling?
4. Is there an official position of Breitling on the problem or are they mum leading to speculation on the reasons?
5. Geographically, is there one region affected more than another?

Orator likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:47 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everyone.

I'm not sure this is a problem so much as a question about the movement operation. I have a B04 based Breitling GMT, and I've noticed something unusual versus my other watches. Basically, the movement of the winding rotor seems a lot more restricted than my Valjoux 7750 watches and my other visible movement watches... On one watch in particular, I can "flick" the watch and the rotor will make probably, 10? 20? revolutions or more before finally coming to rest wherever gravity leaves it.

But the Breitling barely moves at all unless you really make an effort to shake it. Functionally the watch works fine and I haven't looked down at any point during the day and seen it stopped, which is even more puzzling given the limited amount of movement. But when it did finally die I had to wind it up versus just shaking it like I normally I do to get a watch going again. I thought something was wrong until I watched this video... and near the end (13:05) where the movement is being shown, you can see this individual really having to shake it to get the rotor to move around so he can show the whole thing... Mine is this same way?... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQdJ5ppDBKw

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:35 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Welcome to BreitlingSource. Firstly, please don't make a habit of baking your watch. When you see or hear rotors spinning it is generally a uni-directional winding movement free wheeling in the non winding direction where there is very little resistance. Breitling's in house movements wind in both directions so you don't have that same free motion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:51 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1728 posts
Roffensian wrote:
Welcome to BreitlingSource. Firstly, please don't make a habit of baking your watch. When you see or hear rotors spinning it is generally a uni-directional winding movement free wheeling in the non winding direction where there is very little resistance. Breitling's in house movements wind in both directions so you don't have that same free motion.

priceless, Roff, thank you. :bow:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next