AD on-line/mail-order purchase 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
Airport Duty Free AD 41%  41%  [ 7 ]
AD shop in Honolulu 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 17
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:56 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Well, I had hoped to have received my first Breitling by this time but it's been almost a month and still no package in the mail. I ordered an Airwolf Raven (gray slate dial) from Jomashop on the 7th of September and according to their records and the USPS Priority tracking number they gave me it shipped the next day. Although the USPS tracking status never changed from "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since the day Jomashop showed that it shipped. Spoke to their customer service agent and was told they will refund me the full amount this week.

Now I'm debating another on-line order attempt. I am overseas in the military and with the current exchange rate in Japan it's not worth trying to buy one here. I am however, going to Hawaii for a business trip in a couple weeks and wanted to poll the crowd for recommendations about trying again with mail order, purchasing from the Duty Free ADs in the airport or if I should just wait and purchase from an AD in Honolulu.

Cheers...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:08 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 24 posts
If it was me and I was buying NEW I would only buy from a AD. Two year warranty redeemable at any AD if needed. That said if second hand It would not bother me about mail order as long as paper work/serial numbers were in order.
I voted Airport AD BTW..

A Few Breitlings.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:01 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I know that this "horse" hase been beaten pretty hard, but if I were you I'd get in touch with George from Govberg. You can certainly do most of the leg work via e-mail and he can ship to you in Japan @ your FPO, etc. My guess is that George can save you money over your other options, inclusive of the airport duty free as well as the AD from Hawaii.

I'd NOT attempt another purchase via the original company you mentioned for a slew of reasons, which I'll not burden you with. It's just not worth it.

(Note: I am in NO way affiliated w/ Govberg. I've just purchased enough Breitlings to know the wheat from the chaff...please forgive the multiple uses of figurative language.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:13 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
johnnyboomboombuck wrote:
I know that this "horse" hase been beaten pretty hard, but if I were you I'd get in touch with George from Govberg. You can certainly do most of the leg work via e-mail and he can ship to you in Japan @ your FPO, etc. My guess is that George can save you money over your other options, inclusive of the airport duty free as well as the AD from Hawaii.

I'd NOT attempt another purchase via the original company you mentioned for a slew of reasons, which I'll not burden you with. It's just not worth it.

(Note: I am in NO way affiliated w/ Govberg. I've just purchased enough Breitlings to know the wheat from the chaff...please forgive the multiple uses of figurative language.)

:yeahthat George has shipped to members in the military in Japan before without a problem

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Stop into the Ala Moana shopping center in Waikiki. Macys has a Jewel Gallery, a separate store from the main Macys that is an AD. I got my Avenger Seawolf there back in April while staying at the Hale Koa. They were having a sale and I got a good deal, much better deal than the big name watch store in down town. Ask for David. Good luck.

Eastern AATS
Ft. Indiantown Gap
Annville, PA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:51 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I've heard horror stories about jomashop and while authenticwatches might be a little better they're still no ad and most of what they advertise they don't even keep in stock and you wait 6 to 8 weeks for them to find one from an ad who has too much inventory! Listen to the guys and buy from the AD that will take care of you before and after the sale!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:05 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

There is also an Airwolf in like new condition in our sales from from a very solid seller across the forums with an outstanding reputation! Think it's the same watch you want and the price was very good!! He just pulled it from the sales forum after knocking another 500 of it with no takers, his name is Alex and you might want to pm or call him because he always list his phone number on his for sale post!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:10 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

cali kid wrote:
There is also an Airwolf in like new condition in our sales from from a very solid seller across the forums with an outstanding reputation! Think it's the same watch you want and the price was very good!! He just pulled it from the sales forum after knocking another 500 of it with no takers, his name is Alex and you might want to pm or call him because he always list his phone number on his for sale post!

saw that watch but looked like he pulled it to add back to his collection. i'll pm him to check.

thanks everyone. appreciate the inputs and advice. i'll keep everyone posted.