The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:57 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 37 posts
Well folks, i finally got my 2006 Navi back from BUK, 4 months later!! It originally had an Arabic dial, but i acquired a used baton dial and switched them over. Unfortunately the used baton dial already had a few scuffs and blemishes. I had also slightly bent one the hands when replacing it. It was fully working and looked fine, but the blemished dial was too much for me!
This was the reason why I sent it to BUK, to service and replace the hands. The AD said they would try to repair the dial.

This is how it did look, completely original with swirls to case and scuffs all over the top edge of steel bezel

Next to its brother (now gone to a new home) :(

This is what it looked like after the dial swap. Note the mark on the running seconds subdial. There was also a mark on the hour subdial, aswell as marks to the lacquer on the main dial - not visible in these pics.

This is what I received back from BUK, via my AD. Watch, plus case and replacement docs.

New dial fitted

Case completely mirror polished to perfection, bezel is like brand new! New hands set fitted, as usual.

In the correct 2006 bakelite case

Much brighter golden Wings 8)

Although the final cost was high, I wasn't expecting a replacement dial. Thankfully they replaced it at a minimal cost to me! :lingsrock:
I didn't get the old baton dial back...as a matter of policy, according to my AD (with explanation).

Gorgeous isn't it? I'm so happy to get my restored watch back, its like Xmas come early! :D

I also took the opportunity to try on the Chronomat B01....it is lovely! :bow: After so much forum negativity (not from me) about the bezel, I really can't see what it was all for. Wearing the watch, it felt right. It was comfortable and well balanced. It had a LOT of Wow factor. A very, very nice watch indeed. I tried on the all steel and black dial version. It had a back date wheel too. I must have spent a good 1.5hour talking to my AD about watches and manufacturers....I could've stayed in there all day if I didn't have DIY to do.
So now I'm actually considering selling my Omega Solar Impulse to go towards the B01! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
Hi,

Veeeerrrrrrry nice indeed, a nice watch to look at on a morning what better way to start your day :D

If you don't mind me asking how much did the service cost?

Ian

Omega Speedmaster Moon, Hamilton 992B, Steinhart BS LEII #2, B&R 01-92 Heritage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:50 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
The Navi looks super. Congratulations!
Tell me though, were you missing the original documents and asked BUK for replacements, or is it normal for them to give you new ones with a service such as this? (I've never had a watch serviced in any way so please pardon me if this is a moronic question.) :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:08 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 37 posts
Hi
The service with BUK had gone up (since i last had one done) from 245 gbp to 300gbp :shock:

I bought the watch used, with no box or papers (it was a real bargain!). So, trying to complete some of its history, I requested the extras when I handed the watch in to the AD. The docs have gone from 40gbp to 50gbp!! :shock: :shock:

I also sourced a bakelite box for the Navi, should I decide to sell it all on in the future. Although the watch is my favourite current Breitling, I don't think the words "selling" and "Navitimer' will be mentioned together for a long time :wink:

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:24 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 4 posts
congrats on the watch looks like madonna says: shiny and new

83$ for a dial change? that was very nice price for a dial change

i also made a dial change but mine costed me around 135euros = 198$us dial+hands and also don`t keep the old dial

surelly one of best breitling models

wear it in good health

Omega Planet Ocean Chrono 9300 Co-axial Ceramic on SS bracelet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:36 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I hopr that this is a new trend for these dial changes. Not a 'normal' situation, but that's two recent examples where Breitling seem to have taken a rather more realistic position on dial changes.

Oh yeah, and the watch looks great :lol: