It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:03 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
WatchFred wrote:
Driver8 wrote:
Wow. I know I don't spend much time here myself these days, but I can't believe how dead this place is now.

A brand new (and IMO, stunning) Breitling is released, and 2 days later and almost 100 views of this thread (at the time of writing), and yet not a single member has an opinion, a view, or anything to say about this new Cosmonaute. I remember a time when a new model would've generated pages of discussion and good-natured banter here. Then again, we used to have a very active membership with a bunch of regular posters who made this place one of the best forums around.

Very sad how engagement here is now practically non-existent. :(

yes, this is sad indeed. and if there's a comment there's no watch that isn't too expensive, too small or too big ;)

would really like to know what u all are comparing that watch with- a highly decorated and exclusive in-house caliber manufactured for a small LE run, a unique platinum bezel as a "nod of respect" to the unique original Scott Carpenter wide bezel, the most subtle way to show exclusivity in very good taste.

but... WAY too expensive, of course ;)

My comments on price for this one is just the simple observation that it's £2k (or roughly 30%) more than the standard Navi which, from a purely selfish perspective of justifiability for me buying one(!), is a real shame. I don't actually think it's over-priced per se because, as you say, it's a limited edition, it's got an exclusive version of an excellent in-house calibre, there's a bit of platinum there, etc. This one is totally different to the new SuperOcean in terms of spec vs price.

For me the bigger "problem" as a would-be buyer, is the fact that it's extremely limited for a Breitling non-PM LE. I think this one is so good it deserved to be a part of the regular catalogue. (Plus I'd have a fighting chance of picking one up if it was! :wink: )

Site Moderator

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:59 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Driver8 wrote:
I think this one is so good it deserved to be a part of the regular catalogue. (Plus I'd have a fighting chance of picking one up if it was! :wink: )

I agree as well, is such an icon watch that should be part of the normal collection as alternative to the standard Navitimer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:06 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Plan to pick one up in the near future - the price currently is a bit hard to swallow…

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:51 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Coughdrop wrote:
Plan to pick one up in the near future - the price currently is a bit hard to swallow…

I'm pretty sure they're all sold out now, and there's no bargains to be had on the used market for these as they're so limited. It's a real shame and IMO a very strange marketing decision as a less limited run would've still sold like hot cakes.

Site Moderator

MrRoy likes this post.