It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Service Cost
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:59 pm 
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!

Liked in: 0 post
cpys11688 wrote:
And the bits! they replaced as so far advanced and better than OEM to warrant the extra several hundred dollars/pounds in your opinion to fix a faulty watch{out of warranty watch!}.

ps:- i drive a BMW...but never never go to main dealer i can source DEALER PARTS you hear me DEALER PARTS! else where much much cheaper and have fitted by guess what?,....you guessed correct a mechanic,hey does that sound familiar to a guy in the watch repair business knowing how to fix watches and not going to it's MAKER! ie Breitling.

we'll get there!,this snob/and got to be best going to Breitling thing runs deep.

Regards

Thats because BMW parts are available to anybody with money. Breitling only gives parts to ADs. Where you want to send your watch is up to you. Im sure there a million and one watchmakers that can adequately work on it. Just dont be upset if the standards are not up to those that BUSA sets.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:48 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
For the first time in well over 4,000 posts.....

I'm not going to help any more on this.

I have answered every question you asked and you refuse to accept it. I could continue to post and you will continue to question - that's fine.

It's your watch, do what you want, but I'm not wasting any more time on it. If you come on here and ask questions I promise you that you will get the best possible answers that we can give. It's up to you whether you accept them, and you clearly don't.

Take your watch whereever you want or fix it yourself. Use whatever parts you want to do it.

I'm done on this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:17 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

well said Roff

:roll: :roll:

as an aside, to see what good value the breitling service is, just look at the pricelist on the patek service site!

an auto (non chrono) starts at 700 chF!!......and I still reckon thats good value

ok, soapbox mode off! :lol: :lol:

Current:- Navi World, Coral SO, Panerai 219, Sea Dweller, Suunto Core etc

CORAL CLUB FOUNDING FATHER
:coralclub:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

cpys11688 wrote:
Hi

I have just been reading up on the 7750 movement and found this:-The Valjoux 7750 is now used in the vast majority of mechanical chronographs produced in Switzerland, and has allowed the mechanical chronograph function in watches of modest cost. For a caliber obviously engineered from the ground up for economy of manufacture, the 7750 has proved itself a reliable and durable workhorse. Without the 7750, mechanical chronographs might be known only to the buyers of luxury watches.

ok i'm up there with you re what Breitling may or may not do with there 7750 movements,lets get to the movement in MY watch the Chronomat,how then do i find out if MY chosen jeweller can repair my watch quite easily and comfortably and without ANY degredation to the quality of the movement in ANYWAY whatsoever,WILL HE BE WORKING WITH A MOVEMENT THAT PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE TO HIM?how do i find out if it has a 7750 movement that has been tinkered with at Breitling?,once i know that i can and others can too,decide where to have there out of warranty! watches serviced/repaired ,we are afterall talking a very substantial difference in cost yet if there is ABSOLUTELY NO difference in the movement and parts available then there is NO real reason to have Breitling do the work at a vastly inflated price,hey iv'e just read quotes of $800+ for a fix,we don't all that sort of money,but thats another issue and will open a can of worms!{but you have a $6000 watch and don't want to pay $300/800 to fix it!...mmmm},i got my Breitling for a very very good price,i didn't pay $6000.

off track a little sorry...lets try resolve what Valjoux 7750 makes my watch tick...HAS IT BEEN ALTERED BY BREITLING AFTER OEM? OR NOT?.

Regards

Paul

Even if you got your 'ling at a fair price, you must've known that it is a (more or less) a masterpiece of watchengineering and thus more expensive to fix up to meet the standards that Breitling sets up. If that cost is to expensive for you, there are 3 options available:

1: Don't send the watch and live with whatever problems there is.

2: Send the watch to your local jeweller, he'll put in some bits and pieces AND the watch MAY work fine.

3: Sell the watch, there are probably many people that would like to buy it.

It cannot be more simple as that :)