The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:13 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
I'm interested in buying an A17360 SuperOcean, my second Breitling....but am confused by the differences seen in the bezel markings. Photos show either a bezel with "black fill" in the markers, or with "no fill" in the markers. Are both bezels correct, and if so, what approximate year ranges were the changes made?

In one reliable case, it appears that a very original watch circa 2008 has no black fill, while earlier 2004 years have black fill....but often the exact years are not easily known. One thing for sure, some bezels without markings are full of "scum and algae" which was never cleaned out and first glance look like the black fill versions.

Thanks much

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:33 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Thanks for all the views anyway; no replies is not a bad thing...it made me try harder myself!!

After further research, some on BreitlingSource.com; I think I have the timeline pretty close on these SuperOcean changes. 2007 of course the second hand pointer change made, and looks like 2008 sometime was the change to the plain "unfilled markings" bezel. I do find that the 2009 changes to different numeral outlines & red lettering on SuperOcean word & broadarrow on hour hand also have the plain bezel.

The watch I am considering is said to be 2008, and certainly has all pre-2009 features, except also has the 2009 bezel...so change to bezel seems to be done before the complete 2009 changes. It is probably correct, and has not had the bezel replaced...that is what I was trying to pin down.

You folks saved me from buying a B-1 with a wrong bezel, and I was glad I asked about it that time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
I can say I had a 2006 A17360 (coral dial) that had the black enamel filled bezel numerals.