The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:58 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Any news bocktagon? Just a horrible way you have been treated... Hope you´ll get some clarity in all this....

Breitling "pre" Chrono-Matic 1969
Omega Seamaster 300 1969
Rolex Submariner 16800 1982 (birthyear watch)
IWC Aquatimer 3548 2008

+Misc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:56 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
Wetty wrote:
Any news bocktagon? Just a horrible way you have been treated... Hope you´ll get some clarity in all this....

Things are looking a little better. I will hopefully have an update tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:43 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I await further developments with great anticipation! This is a really significant thread in my opinion.
The behaviour of this AD has been simply criminal, on many levels.
Please feed us the next installment ASAP, and I hope it's a positive one for you.

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:22 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

capetownwatches wrote:
I await further developments with great anticipation! This is a really significant thread in my opinion.
The behaviour of this AD has been simply criminal, on many levels.
Please feed us the next installment ASAP, and I hope it's a positive one for you.

Wait no longer. I didn't want to post about this for obvious reasons but today at 4:30pm PST the original seller met with me at the watch store and gave me my money back. I can't say anything for the the AD, or Breitling for that matter, but I'm very happy to have it back. I really appreciate the help from everyone that has participated in this thread. Especially for Jeffery who originally flagged my eBay listing. If it wasn't for you, I may have never known the truth, or received my money back.

Unfortunately, as beautiful as Breitling watches are, I don't believe I will be purchasing another one. The lack of concern and general interest in this matter has turned me off from the brand. I hate that considering how excited I was to buy one in the beginning of all of this. Maybe time will change my mind.

Until then. Thank you all once again.

jeffrey85 likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:26 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Well you could always buy what you want brand new from an AD. Then there would be no question as to the authenticity! There are plenty of AD's who are willing to accommodate you (pm me if you need the name of one). You may pay a bit more than you did but then again "You get what you pay for". Please don't allow this unfortunate experience to sour you on the Breitling Brand. They make wonderful watches!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:21 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

56scooter wrote:
Well you could always buy what you want brand new from an AD. Then there would be no question as to the authenticity! There are plenty of AD's who are willing to accommodate you (pm me if you need the name of one). You may pay a bit more than you did but then again "You get what you pay for". Please don't allow this unfortunate experience to sour you on the Breitling Brand. They make wonderful watches!

Thank you for the recommendation. It really isn't about paying more at this point. Or even questioning the quality of the brand or anything like that. Breitling has always made some of the most beautiful timepieces I have ever seen. However, it has more to do with their lack of care and I'm not sure I want to support that at this time. If they would have even responded to my email or letter with something simple saying we don't deal with that sorry, I would probably feel differently. You know what, maybe other brands would do the same, but that's not the point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:45 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Glad to hear that you managed to resolve this without losing money. Unfortunately, what you HAVE lost is your naivete regarding how business ought to be conducted by companies in the watch trade...

I can absolutely understand how you must be feeling regarding a brand that you previously held in such high esteem, and the disappointment surrounding this entire debacle. I cannot blame you for not wanting to line the pockets of a company that has treated you so poorly, regardless of how good their product is. At the end of the day, there is unlimited choice out there. The best way to show your displeasure is to buy a different brand.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:34 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 28 posts
I must repeat the statement I made a few post before that I really have trouble believing this is how everything went... I'm not saying that I don't believe the OP or that he is lying but I work very close with Breitling as an AD and they are very strict in everything. And they have a serious issue with fake watches. If this would have happened over here, and a client would report me to Breitling I would have a very, very serious problem! Possibly with immediate loss of license or a big warning if something happens again I lose it. And Breitling would contact the client themselves for sure to explain the situation and that appropriate measures have been taken...

56scooter likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:47 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Very scary. I just posted the one I bought on eBay to be safe. I too had mine authenticated by a watch maker but not an AD.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:24 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Johnnywalker wrote:
Very scary. I just posted the one I bought on eBay to be safe. I too had mine authenticated by a watch maker but not an AD.

It certainly is. If I were you, I would call Breitling USA and give them the serial number to see if it's ever been there for service. They don't like to do it but they will if you're very nice. That isn't a sure fire way to tell but I think it's a good start. More than likely you will get a solid answer here though. The folks here know their stuff like you wouldn't believe. In fact, I was able to point out things a "certified" watchmaker didn't know after all of this mess.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:42 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 10 posts
Not even sure why i'm commenting as this is over a year old but I was reading through this sub forum and I couldn't resist;

Even me, a Breitling novice could tell that Navi was a fake, and i'll not mince my words when I say that the op is talking rubbish.

1. Not in a million years would Breitling send a fake watch back at request. It would be in the bin before you even knew about it. They are REALLY REALLY strict when it comes to fake watches. Understandably as well.

2. I find it extremely hard to believe that a high end AD wouldn't be able to tell the difference especially when the watch is opened. He even told you (apparently) it was a 7750 movement. 01's only have a B01 in house movement. He'd have known the second he saw it.

3. Had this story been true, the AD would've been in serious trouble with Breitling. There's no way in a million years they'd have told you there was nothing they could do. They'd have been straight in contact with the AD. They could've even had their license suspended.

4. In one post you said the AD told you it was a B01 movement and then on the other page you said he told you it was a 7750 movement.

Sorry but the whole story is just a load of rubbish. You've been rumbled selling a fake watch imo and have tried to play the victim.

There are plenty of fake 01's out there now, so this is actually a good thread to bump for anyone looking to buy one on a place like ebay like I did with mine. Thankfully, mine is legit though :)

Breitling Transocean 1915
K.Grun & Sohne Legatum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:23 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Shane1984 wrote:
Not even sure why i'm commenting as this is over a year old but I was reading through this sub forum and I couldn't resist;

Even me, a Breitling novice could tell that Navi was a fake, and i'll not mince my words when I say that the op is talking rubbish.

1. Not in a million years would Breitling send a fake watch back at request. It would be in the bin before you even knew about it. They are REALLY REALLY strict when it comes to fake watches. Understandably as well.

2. I find it extremely hard to believe that a high end AD wouldn't be able to tell the difference especially when the watch is opened. He even told you (apparently) it was a 7750 movement. 01's only have a B01 in house movement. He'd have known the second he saw it.

3. Had this story been true, the AD would've been in serious trouble with Breitling. There's no way in a million years they'd have told you there was nothing they could do. They'd have been straight in contact with the AD. They could've even had their license suspended.

4. In one post you said the AD told you it was a B01 movement and then on the other page you said he told you it was a 7750 movement.

Sorry but the whole story is just a load of rubbish. You've been rumbled selling a fake watch imo and have tried to play the victim.

There are plenty of fake 01's out there now, so this is actually a good thread to bump for anyone looking to buy one on a place like ebay like I did with mine. Thankfully, mine is legit though :)

Thank you for reviving this super old thread. However, you are greatly mistaken. I am actually an honest person and everything I said that happened actually happened. If you do not believe me and really care enough, I invite you to call the AD and ask them about the situation. I am certain that they remember it quite well as I had to go speak to the actual owner face to face. They will tell you it happened like I said it did. I didn’t leave anything out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:24 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 10 posts
bocktagon wrote:
Shane1984 wrote:

Thank you for reviving this super old thread. However, you are greatly mistaken. I am actually an honest person and everything I said that happened actually happened. If you do not believe me and really care enough, I invite you to call the AD and ask them about the situation. I am certain that they remember it quite well as I had to go speak to the actual owner face to face. They will tell you it happened like I said it did. I didn’t leave anything out.

Ok, send me the number for the AD and the name of the guy that dealt with you. Cheers.

Breitling Transocean 1915
K.Grun & Sohne Legatum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:36 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Shane1984 wrote:
bocktagon wrote:
Shane1984 wrote:

Ok, send me the number for the AD and the name of the guy that dealt with you. Cheers.

Gladly. Let’s do this out in the open so everyone can see. The owner of Hours Minutes Seconds is named Scott Feldmar. This is the information for his main store where I met with him. He will remember me well I’m sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Shane1984 wrote:
bocktagon wrote:
Shane1984 wrote:

And? Did you call him? I’m sorry, I don’t take kindly to being called a liar. I am on of the upmost honest people you could ever meet. I want you to reply here on the thread for everyone to see. Don’t private message me.

Roadkilled likes this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6