It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:51 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Attachment:
IMG_3490.PNG
Looking to purchase a Breiting Quartz as my first Breiting ever. Looking for a slight upgrade from my Omega.

I have done some fairly extensive research but there are still some things I'm unsure about. It would be very appreciated if some of you member could help me out.

One of the biggest questions I have, is "are the Breiting Quartz movements actually signed with the word Breitling on them?" I know most of the new Breitlings have the movement cover, but I'm unsure if the actual movement is signed/stamped.

If the movements aren't being stamped by Breiting, is there any way to determine whether the movement is original or not.

This is the watch in question, my possible first buy! Seller said it was bought from "The Real Real" website!! Thanks!

Sorry the picture is so blurry. All my pictures are too large.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:53 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

24 view and no responses. Someone's got to have a Breiting Quartz that they can at least answer one question for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:09 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Well I'm not sure how anyone can say anything about your watch from that photo and you posted on a Sunday so you need some patience, it's not that busy here on the weekend. You're much better off waiting for knowledgeable people to answer than getting guesses from people who don't know. From what I can see the watch is real and I have never heard of a movement swap on a watch like that, only on the early quartz pieces where the original movements are obsolete.

Frechettemat likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:22 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Roffensian wrote:
Well I'm not sure how anyone can say anything about your watch from that photo and you posted on a Sunday so you need some patience, it's not that busy here on the weekend. You're much better off waiting for knowledgeable people to answer than getting guesses from people who don't know. From what I can see the watch is real and I have never heard of a movement swap on a watch like that, only on the early quartz pieces where the original movements are obsolete.

Thank you. Maybe I'm too used to the Omega Forum where I have a detailed answer within 20 minutes. Either way thanks. I purchased the watch at a really good price and am loving it!