The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:07 am 
Offline
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:55 pm
Posts: 580
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 26 posts
Location: UK
bocktagon wrote:
Roffensian wrote:
No competent watchmaker would have been ignorant to the difference between a Swiss movement and a Chinese clone.


That's what I though. The new story is that he says it is an authentic Swiss movement, just not the right one.

well, firstly, i do feel sorry for you as you have obviously been abused by incompetent (best case) or dishonest (worst case) people!

then, and i appreciate it will not really ease the pain, my advice would have been to ONLY deal with ADs. AFAICS, the only ADs in LA (bling web site) are "westime" and "feldmar watch company". yes, they would probably send your watch away and the service would take 10-12 weeks (as is the case in the UK) instead of 6 days but they are competent.

i hope this won't deter you from staying with blings... they're great watched!

all the best,
pg

_________________
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."
Henry Ford

- -- - -- -

Navitimer World
Avenger Seawolf
SuperOcean
Crosswind Special
Headwind
Avenger Skyland
Super Avenger 2
Montbrillant Datora


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:12 am 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 am
Posts: 44
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
DreamWatcher wrote:
bocktagon wrote:
Roffensian wrote:
No competent watchmaker would have been ignorant to the difference between a Swiss movement and a Chinese clone.


That's what I though. The new story is that he says it is an authentic Swiss movement, just not the right one.

well, firstly, i do feel sorry for you as you have obviously been abused by incompetent (best case) or dishonest (worst case) people!

then, and i appreciate it will not really ease the pain, my advice would have been to ONLY deal with ADs. AFAICS, the only ADs in LA (bling web site) are "westime" and "feldmar watch company". yes, they would probably send your watch away and the service would take 10-12 weeks (as is the case in the UK) instead of 6 days but they are competent.

i hope this won't deter you from staying with blings... they're great watched!

all the best,
pg


Feldmar watch company is the store I'm dealing with. They own both places, HMS in the Beverly Hilton and Feldmar with is down the street.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 am 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:12 pm
Posts: 65
Likes: 27 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Very interesting. Wouldn't have guessed it was Feldmar. I feel someone should take action if this AD is reflecting this level of ignorance and incompetence. The customer shouldn't be responsible for monetary losses due to incompetence of an AD. I would contact BUSA directly and report your findings. Forward them any receipts or documentation you have to build your case.

_________________
--
Navitimer 01 (2012)
Colt Chrono II (2014)
Colt Chrono (2008)
Colt Automatic (2015)
Chronomat 44 GMT LE (2014)



bocktagon likes this post.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:44 am 
Offline
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:55 pm
Posts: 580
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 26 posts
Location: UK
jeffrey85 wrote:
Very interesting. Wouldn't have guessed it was Feldmar. I feel someone should take action if this AD is reflecting this level of ignorance and incompetence. The customer shouldn't be responsible for monetary losses due to incompetence of an AD. I would contact BUSA directly and report your findings. Forward them any receipts or documentation you have to build your case.

agree... they are supposed to be specialists!
and why are they trading under a different name?

_________________
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."
Henry Ford

- -- - -- -

Navitimer World
Avenger Seawolf
SuperOcean
Crosswind Special
Headwind
Avenger Skyland
Super Avenger 2
Montbrillant Datora


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 am 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 am
Posts: 44
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
jeffrey85 wrote:
Very interesting. Wouldn't have guessed it was Feldmar. I feel someone should take action if this AD is reflecting this level of ignorance and incompetence. The customer shouldn't be responsible for monetary losses due to incompetence of an AD. I would contact BUSA directly and report your findings. Forward them any receipts or documentation you have to build your case.



I did just that, I wrote a very long email to Breitling last night stating my concerns. I don't know if they will do anything at all but at least I gave it a shot. We will see what turns out. The isn't my first real watch, and I wouldn't have purchased it if it wasn't verified by a certified Breitiling watchmaker in an authorized Breilting store. I still just can't wrap my head around the fact that he completely took it apart and claims he couldn't tell the difference. The owner of Feldmar isn't helping at all. He just says it's a simple mistake and the watchmaker gave an opinion which was wrong and I should get my money back from the person I bought it from which is obviously not going to happen at this time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:03 am 
Offline
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:55 pm
Posts: 580
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 26 posts
Location: UK
bocktagon wrote:
The owner of Feldmar isn't helping at all. He just says it's a simple mistake and the watchmaker gave an opinion which was wrong and I should get my money back from the person I bought it from which is obviously not going to happen at this time.

that is so wrong from an "authorised AD"...
BUSA should really step in, there!!!

_________________
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."
Henry Ford

- -- - -- -

Navitimer World
Avenger Seawolf
SuperOcean
Crosswind Special
Headwind
Avenger Skyland
Super Avenger 2
Montbrillant Datora


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:16 am 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:51 pm
Posts: 63
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
If they are so sure of it maybe they will give you a good trade in deal. That way they would be responsible if they ever sold it on .


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:36 pm 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 am
Posts: 44
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
DreamWatcher wrote:
bocktagon wrote:
The owner of Feldmar isn't helping at all. He just says it's a simple mistake and the watchmaker gave an opinion which was wrong and I should get my money back from the person I bought it from which is obviously not going to happen at this time.

that is so wrong from an "authorised AD"...
BUSA should really step in, there!!!


I'm hoping that very thing happens. It's hard to say but you never know. If Breitling is a good company then they may do something considering it is one of their AD's.

ducati2242 wrote:
If they are so sure of it maybe they will give you a good trade in deal. That way they would be responsible if they ever sold it on .


You know, that's a really good point. I didn't even think of that. The owner said that fakes are made to fool people and it fooled us. I said that it must not be that difficult to tell because members of this forum were able to tell based on cell phone pictures alone and they didn't even have to take it apart. So right now what they have going on is they have a one year warranty on a fake watch that should have never been serviced there in the first place.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:27 pm 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts: 13092
Likes: 715 posts
Liked in: 1010 posts
Location: Vienna, Austria
bocktagon wrote:
DreamWatcher wrote:
bocktagon wrote:
The owner of Feldmar isn't helping at all. He just says it's a simple mistake and the watchmaker gave an opinion which was wrong and I should get my money back from the person I bought it from which is obviously not going to happen at this time.

that is so wrong from an "authorised AD"...
BUSA should really step in, there!!!


I'm hoping that very thing happens. It's hard to say but you never know. If Breitling is a good company then they may do something considering it is one of their AD's.

ducati2242 wrote:
If they are so sure of it maybe they will give you a good trade in deal. That way they would be responsible if they ever sold it on .


You know, that's a really good point. I didn't even think of that. The owner said that fakes are made to fool people and it fooled us. I said that it must not be that difficult to tell because members of this forum were able to tell based on cell phone pictures alone and they didn't even have to take it apart. So right now what they have going on is they have a one year warranty on a fake watch that should have never been serviced there in the first place.


well, as I was the one who contacted you through ebay message - yes, any competent Breitling AD and even more their "certified" watchmakers MUST regognize that fake immediately - from mediocre pictures, without even touching the watch, let alone open it and confuse a China 7750 clone and a Breitling B01.

took us about 3 seconds to look at the listing pic and the obvious discussed "tells" to call it - and contact you.

if that company is a Breitling AD you should contact Breitling directly and see what they have to say.



jeffrey85 likes this post.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:40 am 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 am
Posts: 44
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
Well just got a message from Breitling in response to the email that I wrote them. They simply said that they were sorry and there is nothing that they can do. Of course I will call back when I have a chance later today but I guess they are okay with their AD's doing whatever they want with no repercussion whatsoever. At least that is the way it seems to me at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:47 am 
Offline
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:55 pm
Posts: 580
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 26 posts
Location: UK
bocktagon wrote:
Well just got a message from Breitling in response to the email that I wrote them. They simply said that they were sorry and there is nothing that they can do. Of course I will call back when I have a chance later today but I guess they are okay with their AD's doing whatever they want with no repercussion whatsoever. At least that is the way it seems to me at the moment.

well, if that's how much pride they take in their brand and in the quality of the service provided by their ADs, perhaps hinting you'd tell the media about your experience would make them review their position?

this is outrageous!

i have to say, although i have never been in a similar situation, i have only praise for breitling UK... i contacted their customer service department on a number of occasions (identifying a watch or a dealer, asking for info on service, asking to buy a box, etc.) and they have always been top-notch!

easy for me to say, but i would not give up...

good luck!

_________________
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."
Henry Ford

- -- - -- -

Navitimer World
Avenger Seawolf
SuperOcean
Crosswind Special
Headwind
Avenger Skyland
Super Avenger 2
Montbrillant Datora


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:27 pm 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 am
Posts: 44
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
DreamWatcher wrote:
bocktagon wrote:
Well just got a message from Breitling in response to the email that I wrote them. They simply said that they were sorry and there is nothing that they can do. Of course I will call back when I have a chance later today but I guess they are okay with their AD's doing whatever they want with no repercussion whatsoever. At least that is the way it seems to me at the moment.

well, if that's how much pride they take in their brand and in the quality of the service provided by their ADs, perhaps hinting you'd tell the media about your experience would make them review their position?

this is outrageous!

i have to say, although i have never been in a similar situation, i have only praise for breitling UK... i contacted their customer service department on a number of occasions (identifying a watch or a dealer, asking for info on service, asking to buy a box, etc.) and they have always been top-notch!

easy for me to say, but i would not give up...

good luck!



You're absolutely right, it is completely outrageous. I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Breitling explaining my situation and they just keep coming back with simply "there's nothing we can do", and "AD's are independent from Breilting". I asked how hey can loosely allow their product to be sold by such a careless AD if that's the case and they just say that they are authorized to sell/conduct maintenance on the watch. There is simply no care or consideration for what is going on from both the AD, and Breitling as a whole. I can't believe that there isn't any liability in situations like this and it can all be explained as a "mistake" and that's that. We aren't talking about hundreds of dollars here, we are talking about thousands and damages and all anyone can say is it was a mistake. I have never came across anything like this before, especially a company of that magnitude.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:04 pm 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:31 am
Posts: 43
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 1 post
Location: UK
Does anyone else find it odd that BUSA apparently returned the fake watch to the AD? I thought that any watches sent to BUSA that turned out to be fake would be destroyed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:47 pm 
Offline
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 am
Posts: 44
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 2 posts
paulb wrote:
Does anyone else find it odd that BUSA apparently returned the fake watch to the AD? I thought that any watches sent to BUSA that turned out to be fake would be destroyed.


Is that a fact? I did not know that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:30 pm 
Offline
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:09 am
Posts: 36521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 482 posts
Location: Ontario, Canada
First time I have ever heard of Breitling (anywhere) returning a fake - as I noted earlier in this thread standard practice is to destroy it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
 

All Watch Sites 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group