Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 24 posts
http://www.youtube.com/user/breitlingso ... uEIgz3x9tU

Hi I am relatively new here and love it and I am now hooked. I love all the information avaiable from the different topics and been able to post topics that will be get answers/opinions by experts and newbies alike.
One of my favorite is the Breitling Replica Identification topics which I post with, in fairness the easy ones to spot!!! Before joining here I would not be able to even spot these very bad replica watches! So thanks to BSF also thanks to Sharkmouth for his informative replica identification website.
I really think that reporting these replica Breitlings and getting them removed are a bonus to real Breitling owners, auction sites and most importantly potential purchasers of these watches who could lose money and probably faith in Breitling on these false products.

So a question I have is are there many of High grade replicas on auction sites, EBay etc, at the monent been blatantly sold as genuine? I think that Breitling claim of "99.9%" of Internet watches are replicas is unfair because I am sure that most are genuine with genuine sellers, of course apart of "genuine" replica sites selling people replicas. That's not what I am talking about here, but the fact remains that some , like the BS video link above, are getting knowingly sold on auction sites as genuine and if there are like the ones above probably selling for big money.
I would love to see some to try and further my knowledge to spot the good/better replicas and get them posted here to be removed.

Any opinions guys?

So keep up the good work guys!! :lingsrock:
Regards from Ireland.
Breanach78

A Few Breitlings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 1 post
Glad you're getting involved in removing the fakes on the market and thanks for the kind words re my (desperately in need of an update) site.

In answer to your question, there are very, very few high quality replicas on eBay etc for, IMHO, two main reasons.

First, the high end replicas are not widely available. The sellers, for the most part, try to stay under the radar and sell to a knowledgeable community. Search Google for replicas and 99% of the sites will be peddling vastly overpriced junk which the buyers believe "have all the markings of the genuine" etc. There is far more profit in these than the high end reps where a missing mark on a sub-dial renders a watch as next to worthless.

Second, the vast majority of the buyers of high end replicas would not try to pass their watches off as genuine, either on eBay or in general. They are watch lovers who cannot, or will not, pay the prices the gens command. There are always exceptions of course and I am not stupid enough to think everyone is honest but high end replicas are generally traded within the community.

That is why most fakes on eBay are the junk sold in holiday resorts. Holiday souvenirs that someone thinks they can pass off as the real thing. Thankfully, it makes our task a lot easier!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 24 posts
Thats good to hear that there are not to many of the high end ones up for sale as genuine Breitlings. Again well done to all for getting the junk off the auction sites and saving people money. :lingsrock: breanach78

A Few Breitlings.