The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:46 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
Is it the amount of watches you sell a week, a day, a month , a year that dictates if your a commercial seller or a private seller? Someone help me understand. If you sell 2 watches in a month's time, are you a commercial seller? What About if you sell 5 in a month? How many watches does the average jewelry store sell in a month on average? I need help understanding the difference. I am a avid collector who buys a watch if a great deal comes up and I will turn around and sell it to make a small profit. Am I commercial seller if I do that like many members or am I a commercial seller? I need help with that determination,please. I greatly respect your opinion. I am sincere when I ask this question.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:58 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Given that this is a not particularly veiled reference to your sales thread being removed, from the perspective of BreitlingSource a commercial account is required if you are running a business to make money selling watches, or if a reasonable person might conclude that's what you are doing.

To quote your very own words in a PM to the site owner and myself - " I buy a few watches from my cousin and try to sell them online" - buying specifically with an intent to sell is a pretty clear indicator of commercial activity.

We also look at the number of transactions, from the same PM, next sentence - "I sell approx 2 - 10 watches a month"

You are, for the purposes of selling here, a commercial seller.