Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ontario AD's
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Who do people like in ontario for AD. I took my Superocean Professional into La Swiss in Montreal for servicing and to ask about lume issues (separate thread exists for those interested). They were MUCH less than helpful to my gf (the watch is an engagement present) and started by berating her for buying grey market, and not buying from them. O.k I get the grey market bad, AD good idea, but I hardly think thats the way to deal with a lovely young woman looking for assistance. So after repeated phone calls to try and find out what the cost for the servicing and dealing with lume issues they finally tell her $800-900 for the dial, and that the hands are covered by the regular servicing at $400. After trying to get some kind of explanation of why a watch that cost about $2700 new would cost so much for the dial and getting no reasonable answer I have given up and will collect my watch this weekend. I am in Ottawa and the montreal La Swiss was the nearest AD to me, but I suppose driving 8 hours to get better service and hopefully a better price on the dial would be worth it. So I would appreciate any fellow ontarions experiences on deciding where to take it for servicing and dial replacement.

Post subject: Re: Ontario AD's
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:51 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
pred1973 wrote:
Who do people like in ontario for AD. I took my Superocean Professional into La Swiss in Montreal for servicing and to ask about lume issues (separate thread exists for those interested). They were MUCH less than helpful to my gf (the watch is an engagement present) and started by berating her for buying grey market, and not buying from them. O.k I get the grey market bad, AD good idea, but I hardly think thats the way to deal with a lovely young woman looking for assistance. So after repeated phone calls to try and find out what the cost for the servicing and dealing with lume issues they finally tell her $800-900 for the dial, and that the hands are covered by the regular servicing at $400. After trying to get some kind of explanation of why a watch that cost about $2700 new would cost so much for the dial and getting no reasonable answer I have given up and will collect my watch this weekend. I am in Ottawa and the montreal La Swiss was the nearest AD to me, but I suppose driving 8 hours to get better service and hopefully a better price on the dial would be worth it. So I would appreciate any fellow ontarions experiences on deciding where to take it for servicing and dial replacement.

Well, dial replacement and servicing costs are set by Breitling, not the AD - see Driver8's post today for an example of dial replacement costs in hte UK!!

That said, PM me and I can give you some Ontario introductions.