Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi

As per my introductory posting recently I've recently become the very proud owner of a stunning Breitling Galactic Chronograph II.

I purchased said piece from Andrew Michaels Jewellers and thought I would post my experience of dealing with them on the forum for all to peruse if needed:

I'd been wanting to acquire a Breitling for a long time. I'd had a Tag Heuer Link Automatic Chronograph for a few years but even when I bought that I was eyeing up the Breitlings; bottom line was I just couldn't afford it at the time as they were even then twice or even three times the price. Like many of you, I did think about a Rolex for a short time but even their, in my view, best looking watches (Submariner & GMT) I found too small and almost 'cheap' in feel compared even to my Tag Heuer. Granted they have the better re-sale value but I wanted a watch I would love and keep not sell on.

So, once I decided a Breitling was for me and an opportunity to afford one arose I set about briefing myself on all things Breitling. For this I have this forum to thank (thanks!) as it helped me complete hours of research on the various models, tips, pitfalls and the dealers.

I obviously went to my local AD and whilst their service is excellent they wouldn't budge on pricing or offer me a part exchange so I started looking at other options further afield. This was when I came across Andrew Michaels postings in the dealer section of the forum and they happened to have several models I liked and had tried on in their seasonal sale.

I contacted them directly to find out some more information and after some initial trepidation about dealing with someone 'online' we entered into discussions. Again, the forum was useful here as it quickly became apparent to me how significant AMJ are and that they are very much the genuine outfit!

After looking at models again I decided the Galactic Chronograph II was for me and spoke at length on numerous occasions with Richard at AMJ. Initially this communication was on email and this was always very prompt (sometimes several emails a day) and polite and crucially honest and straight talking. This led to several telephone calls and again I round AMJ and particularly Richard to be exceptional in terms of understanding, patience and overall service.

In the end we settled on an agreeable price to change on my Tag Heuer and once the money was sorted my watch arrived in a couple of days, all well packaged and secure and box fresh new with all documentation, stamped warranty etc. etc. To add to the gloss of exceptional service Richard had even added me as a AMOC member and re-sized my new watch based on my old one and it fitted perfectly!

Not only do I now own my dream time piece but I also found the whole experience of dealing with AMJ outstanding. Not only did they match my local AD (perhaps even exceed) in terms of customer service but their pricing was excellent as well as their ability to offer part exchanges. My only issue with them is this may not be my only purchase such was the quality of the experience!

If you're in the market for a brand new Breitling then I strongly suggest you use AMJ. Even if you've a local dealer as I did, give them a call and see what they can do for you. I'm sure Richard could better whatever offer you've been made and you'll be delighted you did as you'll experience customer service excellence.

Thank you all at AMJ.

One Team

AMOC Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:29 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
One Team wrote:
Hi

As per my introductory posting recently I've recently become the very proud owner of a stunning Breitling Galactic Chronograph II.

I purchased said piece from Andrew Michaels Jewellers and thought I would post my experience of dealing with them on the forum for all to peruse if needed:

I'd been wanting to acquire a Breitling for a long time. I'd had a Tag Heuer Link Automatic Chronograph for a few years but even when I bought that I was eyeing up the Breitlings; bottom line was I just couldn't afford it at the time as they were even then twice or even three times the price. Like many of you, I did think about a Rolex for a short time but even their, in my view, best looking watches (Submariner & GMT) I found too small and almost 'cheap' in feel compared even to my Tag Heuer. Granted they have the better re-sale value but I wanted a watch I would love and keep not sell on.

So, once I decided a Breitling was for me and an opportunity to afford one arose I set about briefing myself on all things Breitling. For this I have this forum to thank (thanks!) as it helped me complete hours of research on the various models, tips, pitfalls and the dealers.

I obviously went to my local AD and whilst their service is excellent they wouldn't budge on pricing or offer me a part exchange so I started looking at other options further afield. This was when I came across Andrew Michaels postings in the dealer section of the forum and they happened to have several models I liked and had tried on in their seasonal sale.

I contacted them directly to find out some more information and after some initial trepidation about dealing with someone 'online' we entered into discussions. Again, the forum was useful here as it quickly became apparent to me how significant AMJ are and that they are very much the genuine outfit!

After looking at models again I decided the Galactic Chronograph II was for me and spoke at length on numerous occasions with Richard at AMJ. Initially this communication was on email and this was always very prompt (sometimes several emails a day) and polite and crucially honest and straight talking. This led to several telephone calls and again I round AMJ and particularly Richard to be exceptional in terms of understanding, patience and overall service.

In the end we settled on an agreeable price to change on my Tag Heuer and once the money was sorted my watch arrived in a couple of days, all well packaged and secure and box fresh new with all documentation, stamped warranty etc. etc. To add to the gloss of exceptional service Richard had even added me as a AMOC member and re-sized my new watch based on my old one and it fitted perfectly!

Not only do I now own my dream time piece but I also found the whole experience of dealing with AMJ outstanding. Not only did they match my local AD (perhaps even exceed) in terms of customer service but their pricing was excellent as well as their ability to offer part exchanges. My only issue with them is this may not be my only purchase such was the quality of the experience!

If you're in the market for a brand new Breitling then I strongly suggest you use AMJ. Even if you've a local dealer as I did, give them a call and see what they can do for you. I'm sure Richard could better whatever offer you've been made and you'll be delighted you did as you'll experience customer service excellence.

Thank you all at AMJ.

One Team

:yeahthat

I have been dealing with Andrew Michaels for a number of years and their experience and customer service is outstanding. Whether I have just popped in for a browse and a cup of coffee or purchasing a watch (or two) they have always gone that extra mile to ensure satisfaction.

Breitling Aerospace 33 Sqd for sale PM me
Bremont ALT1-P
Bremont MB11
Bremont U2 Ltd Edt
Tag Heuer Carerra

Rolex Submariner Date

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:58 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 18 posts
Always good to hear happy reviews!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:08 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 2 posts
Thank You very much for your generous words Simon.

It was a pleasure to deal with you as well.

I look forward to seeing you at the RIAT Airshow.

Cheers,

Richard.

Please visit my Watch Blog at http://www.AndrewMichaels.co.uk

******Our new Pre-owned watch site www.amjwatches.co.uk is now live*****

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:58 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Good review, thanks. I had great experience with AMJ, last year ordered a new Breitling strap and it arrived quickly and the cost was vewry competitive so it was hard to refuse for a new item.