The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:44 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Oh My God. A customer walked in and I imediately noticed his watch. WOW. Noticable yet discreet, complicated yet elegant. Absolutely gorgeous dial and case. The PERFECT watch. Getting one was my main priority untill I found out the price :lol:

Sad really, it combines my love of fine cigars and horology into a beutifull and elegant non-gimicky package. And I will never have one :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

These images hardley do it justice, just an indicater of the overall design. You would have to see it in person to get the full effect of the material, quality.

In the limited edition Blancpain Le Brassus Quantième Perpétuel GMT the 312 piece movement brings together two complications aimed at daily life: a perpetual calendar and a second time zone. The dial indicates the date at the 3 o’clock position, the day of the week at 9, the month at 12 all the while keeping track of the variable length of the months, including the variations of the leap years.

This can truly be seen as a programmed future memory, finished further still by an elegant moon phase indication shown in a window at 6 o’clock. All of these indications may be adjusted by correctors discretely hidden under the lugs. A second hour hand with a triangular tip shows a second time zone, distinguishing between day and night by a 24 hour scale. The automatic winding system guarantees a power reserve of up to 100 hours. Another achievement: the watch is water resistant to a depth of 100 meters thanks to the sophisticated construction of its correctors.

Guaranteeing its rarity, this edition limited to 150 examples, is offered in a platinum case, a metal which is sober, precious and classically elegant. As a result of its innovative system of under lug correctors, there is nothing marring the harmony and purity of line of its round 42 mm in diameter Le Brassus case. The dial with its distinctive Havana tint producing brown gold reflections with hints of brushed sunlight suggests the colour of tobacco leaves. This original and unique allure is echoed by the brown hand stitched leather strap, which for extra comfort is outfitted with a platinum deployant buckle.

To accompany this exclusive timepiece, the Le Brassus Manufacture, has created a bronze cigar cutter whose special design recalls an antique watchmaking lathe. Connoisseurs will particularly appreciate this ensemble offered with an elegant brown box, bearing the design of a cigar band and another walnut box useable as a humidor.

Technical Description
Blancpain Perpetual Calendar GMT Havana
ref.: 4277-3446-55B

Caliber 55A5A
Thickness : 5,95 mm
Diameter : 27,00
Power-reserve in hours : 100
Rubies : 28
Components : 312
Limited edition : 150 ex

Case Platinum - Sapphire back
Thickness : 13,55 mm
Diameter : 42,00 mm
Water-resistance : 100 m
Between horns : 22 mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:58 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I suppose I could sell my car and bike and get that watch but I don'y want to turn into this guy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:02 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
So, you don't want to splash out the $50k?

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:21 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

aleister wrote:
So, you don't want to splash out the $50k?

:wink:

50 K is retail a year ago, being limited to 150 it has been sold out for some time. Hell if I could find it for a 50% discount on retail I still wouldnt buy it if resale was not an option. These watches are made for the ultra wealthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Very nice.. but its that typical 4 subdial layout with a standard case.. I'm sure Breguet or someone else makes a similar model. Might be even more expensive tho lol

If you like Cigar-influenced watches.. check out Cuervo y Sobrinos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:40 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Cuervo y Sobrinos, do not like there watches at all. But thanks for the tip.

I actually hate gimicks but they seem to have done a great job with that watch, the colors and quality are just perfection.

Sigh.