It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My First Breitling
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:09 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
:D
I have saved my pennies and I am in the market for my first real watch!!!! That said I want to get the best value for my money so I am looking for advice

1. My price range will be up to 3500.00 USD this needs to include sales tax, in the states were I live CA thats 8.5 %

2. I like the dive watchs i.e super ocean, sea wolf, chrono avenger etc.

3. I would like to not pay full retail....is buying off of the internet a good option, (no sales tax on internet stores outside of CA) and if so what are good sites to do this from?

4. If I do have to go to a retail store what would be considered a good discount from their asking price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:39 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
I was in the same situation as you were. I just bought my first breitling, a Colt GMT, from a local AD. I was planning on buying one in St. Thomas in a few months since they offered a 20% discount and no sales tax. The local AD matched that discount with no questions asked. If I would have paid in cash, he would have given more off. From what I've seen, you can get better discounts on-line, but I just had a preference of seeing the watch in person before I bought it. Check out the feedback forum if you do decide to buy one on-line to get some of the better websites to check out. As for what watch to buy, the best bet is to go to a AD and check them out in person, everyone has their own perferences, such as brushed or polished finishes, steel or titanium, etc. Good luck with your search.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:08 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
Check out www.PrestigeTime.com if you would like to save a buck.

Super Ocean in black: $1815
Avenger Seawolf in yellow, blue, and black: $2527
Chrono Avenger in white or blue: $2617

Just to give you an idea.

You may visit an AD to see if they can match the price, but they will charge you sales tax. An AD of course would be the best way to buy should a problem arise with your piece, but you work hard for your money as I do so do what makes sense. I purchased my Navi-World from PrestigeTime and have been completely satisfied.

Some other trusted online stores are www.Jomashop.com and www.AuthenticWatches.com .

I know Prestige doesn't remove the serial numbers, but be careful! Some online sites will remove the serial numbers to your piece!

~Brian